FORUMS: list search recent posts

Blu Ray setting doubt: MPEG-2 from compressor or H264 and encode to MPEG-4 in Toast 11?

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Esther Casas
Blu Ray setting doubt: MPEG-2 from compressor or H264 and encode to MPEG-4 in Toast 11?
on Oct 17, 2012 at 3:03:51 pm

Hello everybody!!!

I've been reading many many forums talking about the best technique to burn a blu ray from HD footage..I still have a doubt and need to resolve it very soon as I am on a deadline.

Here my story:

From FCP export self-contained short film (11.5 minutes long)Apple ProRes 422, 2048X1152 size (9.7GB approx), then import into compressor 3.5 and set up for Blu Ray:

Mpeg-2 program stream: choose Blu-ray and I don't really change anything in the VIDEO format, leaving it "automatic" so it has same size and frame rate, right? (m2v file is around 800mgb when done, it takes 3hrs approx)
"quality": average bit rate: 30 and maximum 36Mbps...as i need it to be blu ray..

ac3: from best quality DVD 90 minutes, 256Kbps

Then: import mv2 into toast 11 and tell it "never encode". if you do that, toast will only multiplex and write, so the quality is exactly like the mpeg-2 from compressor, right?

I had some problems compressing m2v files, sometimes they are only 200mgb and don't open (DOES ANYBODY KNOW WHY?? I AM COMPRESSING TO H264 TO AVOID THIS PROBLEM WITH THE m2v file(?)) so what i did was set up BluRay H264 1080 resolution, then importing in Toast and asking to encode an MPEG-4 AVC file.

So I have 2 questions:

Which is the best quality setting? M2V from compressor directly to Toast11 or H264 and encode to MPEG-4AVC in Toast 11? And, do I really need to encode this H264 file? I am wondering if quality is ok as I am encoding twice??

some people in forums indicated that H264 was not so "reliable" when burning BluRay DVDs...meaning I can never burn H264 directly in toast 11? even if it does, you get a non-playable bluray?

THANKS IN ADVANCE TO EVERYONE!!!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]