FORUMS: list search recent posts

"Title Remote Not Set"

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Bob Cole
"Title Remote Not Set"
on Oct 14, 2012 at 11:34:32 am

Upgraded to CS6, and have encountered a problem: often I am unable to set the Title Remote button. When I check the project I get the error: "Title Remote Not Set."

I have tried selecting the timeline from the drop-down arrow, and I have tried dragging the stopwatch to the timeline's head. No joy.

I burn the DVDs anyway and have had no problems, but I would like to get this fixed.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

Bob C

Return to posts index

Stan Jones
Re: "Title Remote Not Set"
on Oct 14, 2012 at 12:46:55 pm

Select the beginning "disk" in the flowchart view. In properties you will see the title remote option.

Stan Jones

Return to posts index

Pablo Ruelas
on Oct 19, 2012 at 5:04:02 pm

Select return to last menu in that part. Should work

Return to posts index

Bob Cole
on Oct 30, 2012 at 9:46:32 pm

Thank you, Stan, Pablo. In CS 5.5, I've tried those strategies, but I still have the problem. I will be upgrading to CS 6, and that may solve it.

Bob C

Return to posts index

Brian Thomas
on Apr 5, 2013 at 4:37:41 pm

Hi Bob,

I was just wondering - did upgrading resolve the problem..? It's just that I have it on a current CS6 project (never seen it before) and although I'm not worried about it I'd like to see it go away. Thanks in advance.

PP 5.5 and 6, iMac 24 + MBP 17". Near Geneva, Switzerland

Return to posts index

Stan Jones
on Apr 5, 2013 at 5:11:51 pm

When you add a menu to a new project first, Encore sets the title remote, and you get no warning if it is not set.

If you ignore the warning, the users DVD player remote control may just not do anything when they press menu controls.

The set the title remote, do what I said above. I don't know what problem Bob was having with it. I have not had a problem setting the remote functions.

Stan Jones

Return to posts index

Bob Cole
on Apr 5, 2013 at 6:06:46 pm

[Stan Jones] "When you add a menu to a new project first, Encore sets the title remote, and you get no warning if it is not set."

Please explain. What do you mean by adding a menu to a new project "first"? If there is a procedure that you know to keep this from happening, could you please share? When I get the warning, and try to set the title remote, Encore won't let me do that.

To answer Brian, I still have the problem after the upgrade to CS6.

Return to posts index

Stan Jones
on Apr 5, 2013 at 7:10:08 pm

Create new Encore project. Title Button is not set.

Add menu from the Encore library. Now the title button is set to that menu.

If you create the new project and then add an asset (import as asset or import as timeline), the title button is still not set, and you get the warning.

What are you trying to set the remote to? From which project properties?

Stan Jones

Return to posts index

Brian Thomas
on Apr 7, 2013 at 9:46:35 pm

I don't seem to have any problems with my DVDs when I simply ignore this message. At this stage I don't really understand it. The DVD player I use doesn't have anything actually marked "Title". Maybe I need to read up a bit more about what the feature does.

Thanks for the replies!

PP 5.5 and 6, iMac 24 + MBP 17". Near Geneva, Switzerland

Return to posts index

Stan Jones
on Apr 8, 2013 at 2:12:14 am

Yes, generally you can ignore this message and no one will notice. But some users want something to happen when they press "menu" or "title" on the remote. And how you set this up will make them happy, or not! Just experiment some time. Put one of your disks in a DVD player, and press various buttons.

Stan Jones

Return to posts index

Delbert Young
on Apr 15, 2013 at 7:01:32 pm

Click "Check Project" when "Check Project" results screen appears with error, uncheck "Title Remote" in above list. Check Project again. You will see bottom left no errors.

Return to posts index

Stan Jones
on Apr 15, 2013 at 8:21:24 pm

[Delbert Young] " uncheck "Title Remote" in above list."

That does not remove the error; it just stops you from seeing that it is a potential issue.

With this issue, it can be ignore as I described above, but your strategy could be used to prevent seeing other issues (e.g. for examnple "button links") and it would also remove the notice of an error.

Stan Jones

Return to posts index

Delbert Young
on Apr 15, 2013 at 8:28:24 pm

Correct. I agree. However, it does show there are no real and serious issues with the burn. Unless you have a menu to send the remote to link with, you will get the error as it is an error. It doesn't know where to go. Correct?

Return to posts index

Delbert Young
on Apr 15, 2013 at 9:27:05 pm

Your knowledge of menus is far beyond mine. The error only shows up on me when I don't have menus to link with. Anyway, hope I've helped someone.

Return to posts index

Stan Jones
on Apr 15, 2013 at 9:29:36 pm

Many users probably don't realize you can use the selections to limit errors/warnings when they have many.

Stan Jones

Return to posts index

Millicent Lewis
on Jan 29, 2016 at 6:59:59 pm

I know this is an old thread, but I'm just starting with Encore (and the whole suite) and this just came up for me. I don't see anyone really answering the question, so I'll just jump in.
On the left of your screen, go to the project tab. On the right, go to the properties tab. Where it says "Title remote not set", grab the pickwhip and drag it all the way across your screen to the title page you've indicated in your project tab, and let go. Done.

Return to posts index

Brian Thomas
on Jan 29, 2016 at 10:18:25 pm

Thanks Millicent for posting that. I get the error now and then and next time I'll come back and reread your message! Thanks again.

FCPX and PPro 6. iMac 24 + MBP 15". Near Geneva, Switzerland

Return to posts index

Delbert Young
on Jan 30, 2016 at 1:39:13 am

Here's what you do. After filling in the title attributes, etc. and Encore opens with your loaded project,
1. Click "Project" This will clear things from previous projects. It will give two lines in the box beneath.
2. Click in a clear area beneath the last line in the box. This is important. Clicking in an open area anywhere will place you in the layer you need.
3. To the right, you should see in the Properties "Disc." Under "Disc" the first line is "Name: Untitled Project." Give your project a name. Anything will do. This is for your information more than for Encore. It will separate this specific project from other Encore projects.
4. Come down to "First Play." To the right of "First Play:" click the arrow on right, select the name of the file, select chapter 1. This tells Encore to begin here.
5. Move down finding "Title Button." Click the right arrow. Select "Stop." This is simply asking you what to do with the "Title" button on the remote control. This is the error I struggled with for so long.
6. Click the top line in the Project box to the left. The Properties box on the right will change from "Disc" to "Timeline."
7. Come down to "End Action" and set "End Action" to "Stop" if you want the DVD to stop playing when finished, or select the file name and "chapter 1" if you want the DVD to loop.
6. Click "Build" in the menu. The Build menu pops up.
7. Click "Check Project." The "Check Project" menu box comes up. Click "Check Project." If everything is set as above, the "Problem" box will be empty. Close the "Check Project" box.
8. Make certain a DVD is in the drive. Click "Build"
Your DVD will burn.

Return to posts index

Brian Thomas
on Jan 30, 2016 at 8:57:40 am

And thanks for that Delbert. My Encore workflow is pretty minimalist but that message pops up now and then.

I do a lot of unique video and audio work in FCPX to make up the background (based on the actual content of the DVD) and then I use that with an appropriate 'blank' template. The DVDs come out looking good - so I'm told! I will definitely go through the steps you covered next time to ensure that message doesn't come back again.

FCPX and PPro 6. iMac 24 + MBP 15". Near Geneva, Switzerland

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]