FORUMS: list search recent posts

Burned movie with Encore is jumpy...

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Esther Casas
Burned movie with Encore is jumpy...
on Oct 8, 2012 at 4:57:25 pm

Hello everybody!!

I am trying to burn a film into a DVD..but I have this jumpy weird issue. I see it jumping already in the preview window..

These are the settings I have for the quicktime I am importing into Encore timeline:

From final cut Pro I exported an Apple Pro Res 422 2048x1156 size
@24fps 16:9 ratio.

Import into Encore, where setting are:

NTSC Project
codec: MPEG-2 dimensions 720X480 rate 29.97

do I have to export form final cut differently?? i thought i never had to do match the QT settings with the encore ones...?
Also, in the "edit quality Presets" window , do I have to change some export settings? As an option there is Format MPEG2-DVD and then also gives you size options, is mine NTSC SD MPEG-2 High quality? I am assuming I have to choose the same setting as I chose in the project settings?
i KNOW MY SOURCE IS 24FPS, BUT THAT IS NOT A PROBLEM WHEN BURNING A 29.97 ntsc, RIGHT? i NEVER HAD A PROBLEM BEFORE WITH THIS...

Return to posts index

Daniel Ludwig
Re: Burned movie with Encore is jumpy...
on Oct 13, 2012 at 8:48:42 am

Esther,
if you have 24fps souce, you should create a preset in compressor to encode your assets.

24fps-source will be transcoded to 29.98 NDF (non dropped frames) with 3:2 pulldown, but you need to slow it down to 23.98 first. this could be done using apple cinema tools - very easy, one click.

and for better results you should do scaling to NTSC frame-size before encoding.

cheers

danny

PS:

Return to posts index

Esther Casas
Re: Burned movie with Encore is jumpy...
on Oct 13, 2012 at 4:51:28 pm

I will do! thank so much Daniel!!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]