FORUMS: list search recent posts

SLOW burns from Encore

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Craig Rogers
SLOW burns from Encore
on Oct 8, 2012 at 3:06:08 am

I've set up a very basic dvd project. A single menu, and a short 23 minute movie. It's a total of 1.13GB. I've started the first dvd burning and it's telling me it's going to take over 1.5 hours.

Something is amiss. I have a brand new burner installed in a screaming fast workstation. (16 cores and 32GB of memory).

Any suggestions what I could check?

Return to posts index

Stan Jones
Re: SLOW burns from Encore
on Oct 8, 2012 at 3:56:21 am

Three parts that may be included in your time - what is included?

Transcode, build, burn.

If you don't know that the time is all burn, you can "transcode now" to do the transcode separately from the build. You can build to a folder or image to separate that from the burn.

Stan Jones

Return to posts index

Craig Rogers
on Oct 8, 2012 at 4:42:53 am

I prepped files with media encoder, there's no transcoding going on. This is all burn time.

Return to posts index

Craig Rogers
on Oct 8, 2012 at 5:34:13 am

First dvd just finished. 1.5 hours+. Threw it in the dvd player and it's fine. Weird.

Now blu-ray...

Wrote image to disc first. That went smoothly. Only took about 5 minutes to write blu-ray image to disc.

So far burning a blu-ray from iso is telling me it'll be about 5 minutes. Fingers crossed this works. :)

I'll try writing a DVD image and burning from that next.

Return to posts index

Craig Rogers
on Oct 8, 2012 at 7:17:01 am

Very odd. I created an image file of the dvd project on my local drive. That took less than a minute. Now I'm burning that image to DVD...1 hour 15 minutes projected.

blu-ray from iso = 5 minutes
dvd from iso = 75 minutes

If anyone has any ideas let me know. Thankfully I don't need to burn dvd's very often!

I have a LG burner which is rated at 16x for DVD and 12x for Blu-Ray burning. Go figure.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]