FORUMS: list search recent posts

Set "play" button to go straight to specific timeline?

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Brandon Davidson
Set "play" button to go straight to specific timeline?
on Oct 3, 2012 at 8:49:23 pm

I've been trying to figure this out for a couple hours now and my brain is starting to hurt...

I would like to set up my DVD so that if someone is on my Main Menu and presses the play button on the remote, it will start playing my main timeline. For the life of me I can't figure out if that is even possible in Encore CS6. Does anyone know how to do this?

My DVD only has one menu, one timeline, and one button. I know they can just click the Enter button, but when I showed the DVD their first reaction was to press the Play button on the remote and I feel that would be a great tool to set the play button on the remote. Thanks for the help!

Return to posts index

Brandon Davidson
Re: Set "play" button to go straight to specific timeline?
on Oct 4, 2012 at 4:57:48 pm

Just FYI to anyone who might be interested...it looks Encore does not let you set the "play" button on the remote. If any Adobe people out there are looking for feedback on Encore...it would be nice to be able to set the play button to act like the "enter" button on the remote. Thanks...

Return to posts index

eric pautsch
on Oct 4, 2012 at 5:50:44 pm

This is a player specific function. The DVD spec doesn't have a function to program the play button unfortunately :)

Return to posts index

Brandon Davidson
on Oct 4, 2012 at 6:10:28 pm

Thanks for your response. Yeah, I guess some DVD players will let you use the "play" button in the same way as the "enter" button and others won't. It looks like most computer DVD players won't let you use the "play" button except in the actual timelines. It would be wonderful to control the play button in the menus, but oh well, life will go on just fine I guess...

Return to posts index

Jody Roach
on Dec 3, 2012 at 1:09:34 pm

Brandon,
I have the same issue. My bigger concern is that when the viewer does push the play button on the remote, the disk goes to black and does not allow them to get back to the main menu.

Did you have any luck working around this?

Return to posts index

Brandon Davidson
on Dec 3, 2012 at 5:47:14 pm

Sorry, I have not found a way around this :(. I wish I could be more helpful. I'm not sure what is going on with the blank screen. I have not had that happen to me yet. I will let you know if for any reason I stumble across the answer. Good luck to you!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]