FORUMS: list search recent posts

Challenge to Adobe Re: Encore CS6

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Brenny boy
Challenge to Adobe Re: Encore CS6
on Sep 28, 2012 at 11:27:18 pm

I`m really annoyed and fuming with Adobe for releasing Encore CS6 with the exact same problem as Encore CS5.
I`ve spent the last few days trying to sort out a mess caused by Adobes inaction. I went to the trouble of contacting Adobe Support and explained exactly what was happening with the Black Frames on the end of a Looping still menu. They connected to my computer using Adobe Connect. The technician spent about an hour looking at the Project and sent me a note on notepad to say that he would call me in a half an hour. I got a call in a half hour but from a different technician who said that his colleague told him to call me as a I had a problem burning a Blu Ray. I told him that this was not the case but that there were Black Frames on the end of a Looping still menu. He said that he would call me back tomorrow as he would have to investigate. He did not call me back. I now challenge Adobe on this forum to come up with a solution to this problem as they have been fully aware of this problem since CS5.
Not only is there a problem with the Black Frames but also with the First Play as it will not jump to a menu when played on Cyberlink Power DVD 10

Return to posts index

Daniel Ludwig
Re: Challenge to Adobe Re: Encore CS6
on Sep 29, 2012 at 4:32:55 pm

Brenny,
if you have a still/freeze-menu, you dont need to loop it, so why you are doing this?

there are indeed a lot bugs within encore, but you can´t blame them for a problem with power DVD 10. what is this software doing, if you playback your BD? what would happen then? nothing or a complete different track?

maybe power DVD (as it orginaly is a DVD-playback-software) would like to play track 1 (within VTS1 on DVD), as this is what a lot players doing, when playing replicated DVDs and if there is no video-track as firstplay prior the first menu.

within BD there is no more difference between VTS, VTSM, or VMG - a blu-ray only contains clips in playlists, that are placed in a title.

all assets placed in a clip, there´s no difference if it´s a menu or a feature film or whatever.

cheers

danny

Return to posts index

Brenny boy
on Sep 29, 2012 at 7:02:08 pm

Hi Daniel, many thanks for replying to my post.
Just to clarify. The first play contains a 17 second animation with an audio track. The audio and video are exactly even in length as per encore instructions. The first menu is a still with audio which plays for 21 seconds. I want this audio to loop. What is happening is that the still menu ,which is white in colour disappears for 1 second and goes to black then the music starts to loop and menu appears again for 21 seconds and goes to black at the loop point. I would like to point out that I do not have the problem of black frames with encore CS4.
Regards,
Brendan.

Return to posts index

Daniel Ludwig
on Sep 29, 2012 at 7:13:53 pm

HI Brenny,
what kind of video-asset do you use for your looping still-menu?

H264 or MPEG2?

cheers

danny

Return to posts index

Brenny boy
on Sep 29, 2012 at 11:59:32 pm

Hi Danny, the looping still menu is just a still menu from the library within encore and then within the motion option I select a .wav file as the backing track. I have set the menu to loop forever. I have also set the encore project to encode mpeg2 .

Return to posts index

Daniel Ludwig
on Oct 1, 2012 at 6:54:43 am

Brenny,
it´s allways a goot choice to encoder your authoring-assets PRIOR authoring the disc.

so in your case - take the assets, drop them into AME (adobe media encoder) and then start authoring

cheers

danny

Return to posts index

Brenny boy
on Oct 1, 2012 at 10:31:29 am

Hi Danny,
I always encode the assets in AME prior to authoring them in Encore. My problem is with the menu if I encode this in AME with the sound file it then becomes a timeline in Encore not a menu which is what I require.

Return to posts index

Mike Savino
on Nov 6, 2012 at 3:18:11 pm

I'm having the same problem on a mac. I just want a trade show movie to loop seamlessly and instead of going back to the beginning it flashes a black frame and then begins. I'm using a white background on the movie file so the transition is glaring. The only reason I bought this software is that it will handle Blu Ray Media. Unfortunately, DVD Studio Pro does not and I've never had a problem with the looping function with standard DVD's. This "bug" makes the software useless for any type of trade show work. Does anyone have a work around for this? I've tried a bunch of approaches.

MSF/V
Commercial

Return to posts index

Brenny boy
on Nov 6, 2012 at 4:55:47 pm

Mike, I`ve been trying to get an answer to this problem but Adobe or anybody else on this forum just don`t care. You can see that I posted a challenge to Adobe on this forum last September but they didn`t reply. There too busy marketing and spinning to unsuspecting customers.

If you get an answer please post it on this forum.
regards,
Brendan

Return to posts index

Mike Savino
on Nov 6, 2012 at 5:16:17 pm

I found the answer to the Blu Ray endless loop for trade show media. Toast 10 Titanium can make an endless loop without the black frame. Phew... The deadline was looming.

MSF/V
Commercial

Return to posts index

Brenny boy
on Nov 6, 2012 at 5:26:30 pm

Mike, Does the Toast 10 Titanium work on a PC.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]