FORUMS: list search recent posts

Replace and delete files in Encore?

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Esther Casas
Replace and delete files in Encore?
on Sep 28, 2012 at 8:05:37 pm

Hi everybody?
This is a stupid question...but I can't really find the solution of simply replacing a quicktime in encore...I have a new version of a quicktime movie I need to burn into a DVD...

I tied edit, control click, delete etc etc...can someone tell me how to replace and delete quciktimes or menus in Encore? I feel so stupid right now.....

thank you!

Return to posts index

Stan Jones
Re: Replace and delete files in Encore?
on Sep 28, 2012 at 9:37:33 pm

Select the asset (not the timeline, but the source file), and select "replace asset."

This is not without problems, but may work just fine.

You must manually adjust the timeline length, chapters, etc.

Stan Jones

Return to posts index

Esther Casas
on Oct 9, 2012 at 4:42:14 pm

Thank you Stan, I can't believe i didn't see this, tried so many times...
Thanks!:)
I actually have another question for you...now that I had everything ready and I burned the DVD, and the film came out "jumpy", and poor quality. I've been reading forums and tutorials and I am still not sure what settings I could be using to get the best quality DVD, I know is SD, and my footage is HD...but at least I know that it can look much better, as for now is jumpy and also very poor quality.
I think my problem must be on settings form final cut pro?
what I do is this:

Export Quicktime movie: Apple Pro Res 422 (2048X 1152 size), @24fps 16:9 ratio. i don't select anything else.

I import this QT into Encore, and Project settings:
NTSC Project
codec: MPEG-2 dimensions 720X480 rate 29.97

I know my rate is different and it's not a problem. But then I tried to use an H264 quicktime I had exported from this Apple Pro Res 422 (i USED STREAMCLIP to do it), then I used this h264 to try and burn in encore to see if it works, and now it does.
My question is, do I have to export from Final cut as H264 in order to get a better quality movie in a SD dvd?
Also, in the "Quality Presets" window, which setting should I use exactly with this H264?

I just think is a bit sTrange to be compressing my higH quality movie before I burn to Encore, doesn't encore is already compressing my HD QT? It seems I am compressing them twice??
Thank you!

Return to posts index

Stan Jones
on Oct 9, 2012 at 6:18:28 pm

You can't use H264 on a DVD. Encore is still going to reencode it.

I don't know apple re how you should do this. What you want is to export something that Encore will accept as DVD legal.

Stan Jones

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]