FORUMS: list search recent posts

Interactive Menus

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Nathan Rogers
Interactive Menus
on Sep 28, 2012 at 4:04:56 pm

Not sure this is the best place to ask this question or if this is even possible the way I want it to be.

I have a client that has a live presentation every year and they want to be able to show peoples pictures on the screen in a dynamic way. previously we have done this using after effects and animate all the people on and off the scree which can become very time consuming. I was wondering if anyone and any ideas on a way to have a looping background, and then create transitions between one frame and another with a click on a dvd.

I hope this is clear enough, I was going to have it done in flash, but they need it to work on a dvd as there is no computer available.

Nathan Rogers
Producer
Snitly Carr Advertising

Return to posts index

John Rich
Re: Interactive Menus
on Sep 29, 2012 at 1:46:08 am

Nathan,
If I understand correctly, you want a menu with a motion background.

Then you have several buttons, each which will represent a person's name.

When you click on the selected name, you will activate a button transition and then bring up a still picture of the person which will run while the narrator talks about this person.

The timeline or chapter playlist with just a picture in it will have as it's end action to return to the menu .

Then the narrator can move to the next button(person) and then click it and repeat, etc.

You will have to make the still pictures in Premiere as well as the buton transition and motion background.

You would have to make the duration of the picture longer than the narration.
You could return to the menu with the Menu button on the DVD remote.

I haven't actually tried this, but does this make sense?

John Rich

JOHNR

Return to posts index

Nathan Rogers
on Oct 1, 2012 at 5:50:32 pm

Yeah, that was kind of what I was thinking I would have to do, just not real sure of the logistics.

Nathan Rogers
Producer
Snitly Carr Advertising

Return to posts index

John Rich
on Oct 1, 2012 at 6:11:29 pm

Do you mean you want more details of menu construction, etc?

I was thinking that it would be better to have your narrator record each of his descriptions of the people and then put this audio together with the picture on the Premiere timeline. That way, you wouldn't have to use the menu button. Then each narration would return to the menu using the end action of the narration.

John

JOHNR

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]