FORUMS: list search recent posts

Is it possible to build an Encore project with one computer and burn to disc with another

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Bradley Houshour
Is it possible to build an Encore project with one computer and burn to disc with another
on Sep 25, 2012 at 3:12:10 pm

I have CS6 on a computer that only has a DVD burner.
I have a computer with a Blu Ray burner, but not CS6.

I've created a project in CS6 and would like to burn it to Blu Ray.
Is it possible to build the Encore project and move that folder to the other computer and burn to disc?

Return to posts index

Stan Jones
Re: Is it possible to build an Encore project with one computer and burn to disc with another
on Sep 25, 2012 at 4:01:40 pm

Yes, just build to folder or image.

Stan Jones

Return to posts index

Bradley Houshour
Re: Is it possible to build an Encore project with one computer and burn to disc with another
on Sep 25, 2012 at 6:31:44 pm

I guess I could just try it, but would I then open that build folder up in CS5.5 and it'll work? It was created with CS6.

Return to posts index

Stan Jones
on Sep 25, 2012 at 7:00:27 pm

I haven't tried it; it should work.

Many of us like imgburn as a program for burning images. (PC only)

Stan Jones

Return to posts index

Jeff Pulera
on Sep 25, 2012 at 8:44:42 pm

Hi Bradley,

To clarify, in Encore "Build" area, rather than build to disc, build to IMAGE, and this creates an .iso file which is a snapshot of the disc which can then be burned with most any program that will burn an .iso to disc.

This should include any version of Encore - just go to Build, and select from "Image" rather than "Project" and then Browse to the .iso file.

Since .iso is a standard kind of file, Encore version should not matter, .iso has nothing to do with Adobe in particular.

Thanks

Jeff Pulera
Safe Harbor Computers

Return to posts index

Bradley Houshour
on Sep 25, 2012 at 10:00:05 pm

That makes sense-
Thanks!

Return to posts index

Bill Stephan
on Oct 25, 2012 at 4:25:57 pm

I have taken a Blu-ray project authored in Encore CS6, output an .iso, and burned that to disc using Encore CS5. No hiccups whatsoever.

Bill Stephan
Senior Editor/DVD Author
USA Studios
New York City

Return to posts index

Bradley Houshour
on Oct 25, 2012 at 5:38:34 pm

Thanks everyone. I did just that and got it to work perfectly.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]