FORUMS: list search recent posts

Adobe Encore Menu Loop Point Issue

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Kevin Murphy
Adobe Encore Menu Loop Point Issue
on Sep 20, 2012 at 2:08:40 am

I have been searching the web exhaustively to find a solution to this problem. I have found several similar issues, but nothing quite like mine. I know the Preview function isn't the best, but everything works fine when I check the disc there. It's when I put a burned disc into any blu-ray player that my issue arises. Here's the situation:

I have a blu-ray disc project in Encore. The disc's first play is an "intro" motion menu, :31 in length, with a loop point set to :05 into the video. What I want the disc to do is play that first "intro" menu, have the buttons appear at the loop point, then the menu continues on to the end of the :31 second "intro" menu. At that point, I have a separate, "loop" menu, :30 in length. I want the first menu to jump to the second "loop" menu, which continues and loops "forever."

What actually happens is that first "intro" menu plays to the loop point :05 in, then it jumps to what I have set that "intro" menu's "End Action," which is the beginning of the second "loop" menu.

I don't know why it's doing this. As I said, The Preview shows it properly, and this only happens once I've burned a disc and inserted it into a separate blu-ray player. I've tried the disc on several players, and they all do the same thing.

Any ideas? I'm losing my mind here...

Return to posts index

Kevin Murphy
Re: Adobe Encore Menu Loop Point Issue
on Sep 20, 2012 at 2:19:21 am

Also, just to clarify, I'm working in CS5.1.0.342.

Return to posts index

Brenny boy
on Oct 3, 2012 at 9:20:35 am

Hi do you really need the loop point on the first menu.
If you left it out would it solve the problem .?

Return to posts index

Kevin Murphy
on Oct 5, 2012 at 12:20:46 am

I suppose I don't necessarily, but the design of the menus (just like studio discs you can buy on the shelf) involves a short "intro" to the main menu, after which the buttons and selectors would appear. I ended up doing without this little "intro" to get the project finished on time, but I would still like to be able to create these kinds of menus on future discs. Oddly enough, I created an identical menu on a past project in the exact same way with zero issues. Still don't know what happened.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]