FORUMS: list search recent posts

Multi Page Menus/overlapping buttons

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mike Schmitz
Multi Page Menus/overlapping buttons
on Sep 17, 2012 at 9:12:26 pm

I have a project that I need to make what is a motion menu with a semi transparent lower 3rd type menu bar, when you select one of the options, it opens another addtion to that lower 3rd with more options. I have come close to doing this with the multi page option. The issue I'm having is only the buttons show up on the 2nd page with the rectangle shape of whatever background is behind the button shows up, but not the rest of the image. What I tried to do is make that a button that does nothing, which appears to have worked, but it's only working for one of the pages, the other does not work. Could this be because of overlapping buttons?

Return to posts index

Stan Jones
Re: Multi Page Menus/overlapping buttons
on Sep 18, 2012 at 1:34:15 am

You can't add backgrounds in multipage menus, other than page 0. Basically you can only add highlights.

You can fake some issues by using buttons, but as soon as you try what you appear to be, you'll get overlapping buttons.

Your better option is regular menus. All of each menu remains the same except the lower third and the highlights.

Stan Jones

Return to posts index

Daniel Ludwig
Re: Multi Page Menus/overlapping buttons
on Sep 19, 2012 at 5:06:29 am

mike,
it´s been possible with encore, but you need to do some more work on your multi-page-menu.

you need to "slice" all your elements, to take care about your buttons and as stan has posted - buttons could not overlap as well within BD as within DVD.

you need to take care to get back to the previous menu - mostly with the same buttons at the same places as your previous page.

please look here: http://rivergatesoftware.com/tutorial-12tangos

cheers

danny

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]