FORUMS: list search recent posts

Updating Changed Premiere Footage

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Keith Emroll
Updating Changed Premiere Footage
on Sep 12, 2012 at 10:35:41 pm

I have a multi-camera sequence in Premiere CS4 that I sent to Encore using the Dynamic Link. I later found out that I had put an audio effect in the wrong spot, so now on the DVD, there is a short stretch of silence where there should be sound.

I made the modification to the multi sequence in Premiere, but I don't know how to get Encore to reflect the changes. I'd hate to think that I have to delete the Premiere items from the Encore project and re-do the Dynamic Link, so I'm hoping someone can offer some suggestions as to how I can get Encore to now reflect the new Premiere sequence.

Thanks!
Keith

Return to posts index

Stan Jones
Re: Updating Changed Premiere Footage
on Sep 13, 2012 at 12:23:01 am

Since you transcoded the Premiere sequence in Encore (before or after a build doesn't matter), you must select the sequence (the "asset" not the time4line), and "revert to original." The timeline will automatically update. If the revised sequence is not shorter or longer, there is not adjustment to make to the timeline. If you changed chapter markers, you must select the timeline and tell encore to update markers.

Stan Jones

Return to posts index

Keith Emroll
on Sep 25, 2012 at 3:40:08 am

Stan,

Gave this a try, but it didn't seem to work for me. Thanks for the suggestion, though.

Keith

Return to posts index

Jeff Pulera
on Sep 13, 2012 at 3:24:41 pm

Hi Keith,

If you ONLY changed the audio and video remains the same, quite simply I would just use AME to Export a new audio file from Premiere (takes a minute or less) and then place that into Encore timeline. Have done it many times. Quite painless.

Just export as Windows Waveform 48k 16-bit stereo (default I believe).

Stan's method may also work fine, but personally I don't use DL to Encore and like the control of manual method.

Thanks

Jeff Pulera
Safe Harbor Computers

Return to posts index

Keith Emroll
on Sep 25, 2012 at 3:39:23 am

This seems to have worked. I actually rendered it as an MP3 and it sounded fine.

Thanks for the help!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]