FORUMS: list search recent posts

Blu-ray Error: "fatal error", Code: "6", note: "video buffer underflows. Total bitrate is too high near time = 7.048700 seconds -

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Richard Acosta
Blu-ray Error: "fatal error", Code: "6", note: "video buffer underflows. Total bitrate is too high near time = 7.048700 seconds -
on Sep 6, 2012 at 9:00:53 pm

I have been using Adobe Encore CS5 on a mac for some years now and have never had this issue, I was hoping someone might have found a solution for this. I encountered the following error message during a Blu Ray authoring project:
the project was exported from within adobe premiere using the H.264 preset for Blu-ray.
The menu's were custom made in photoshop using the proper codes for buttons/chapters/video etc.
when the project was complete and I "checked" the project, no issues come up. when I start the "Build" the program begins by processing the menus and this takes quite a while and it reaches up to my last submenu and the error message pops up. the discs I've used go to waste and the project is still not delivered. Help?

I've authored multiple times before, I'm not sure if I changed something in the process that might be causing this error.

Return to posts index

Stan Jones
Re: Blu-ray Error: "fatal error", Code: "6", note: "video buffer underflows. Total bitrate is too high near time = 7.048700 seconds -
on Sep 6, 2012 at 11:03:10 pm

Are these motion menus? I'd look at the transcode settings for those. Remember that total bitrate includes audio.

If it is not the menus, then same issue re timeline. But at 7 seconds?

Stan Jones

Return to posts index

Richard Acosta
Re: Blu-ray Error: "fatal error", Code: "6", note: "video buffer underflows. Total bitrate is too high near time = 7.048700 seconds -
on Sep 7, 2012 at 4:52:43 am

Hi Stan, Thanks for the inquiry, it's actually a basic photoshop file that i converted as a menu, however, I did drop an audio file to the menus for background music, otherwise the menu and two submenus are all pretty basic. The transcode settings for the project are the default settings for BluRay in encore:
Codec:H.264
Dimensions:1920x1080
Frame rate: 23.976
Fileds: No fields (Progressive scan)
Audio Transcoding scheme: Dolby Digital
Maximum audio/video Bitrate: 15.0 Mbps

How do you check the transcode settings for the menus? I right clicked on the menu line in the project panel, but the "transcode settings and transcode now options of the menu are greyed out. ?

Return to posts index

Richard Acosta
on Sep 7, 2012 at 1:59:57 pm

ok, I spent all night re-rendering the file from scratch and redoing the entire project in encore also from scratch changing a few things I thought might help:
I eliminated the motion menus by eliminating the music file altogether in each of the menus.
I eliminated several chapters from my timeline to limit the amount of buttons in each menu page
I eliminated the custom menus and went with a template thinking that perhaps I entered a code incorrectly in my custom menus. and I went from one menu and three sub menus to one menu and two submenus, in other words went as basic as I could possibly go from scratch.
The transcode settings for the project are the default settings for BluRay in premiere pro to Encore
Codec:H.264
Dimensions:1920x1080
Frame rate: 23.976
Fileds: No fields (Progressive scan)
Audio Transcoding scheme: Dolby Digital
Maximum audio/video Bitrate: 15.0 Mbps
Sadly, I went thru another 4 attempts throughout the night and still received the same exact error message each time:
the bitrate remained unchanged in the message. I'm truly at a loss. any suggestions?

Return to posts index

Richard Acosta
on Sep 10, 2012 at 8:58:34 pm

Update: Just wanted to link this to another thread that solved this issue:
http://forums.creativecow.net/readpost/145/871543

Return to posts index

David Bangura Vidéaste
on Oct 5, 2012 at 2:52:59 am

I fought three days with this fatal error code 6 !! I read all the things i found on many differents forums around the net.
I was desperate! And that night, i decided something new... all the files in my bluray project were H264 - 1920x1080 25p, on my mac osx Lion 10.7.2.
I selected all my files (movie and menus files) and ask Adobe Encore to re-encode them in MPEG2 BLuray... i woke up at 4 am, just to check, and surprise! My project is finalized, written... It worked!!
I just have to burn it and deliver it to my client.

It seems the problem came from H264 files. Can't explain why it worked, but if you're upset to loose so much time by trying but not succeding, give a try at my attempt.

Cheers

Return to posts index

Richard Acosta
on Oct 11, 2012 at 11:49:53 pm

Hi David, Thanks for the reply, It is in fact because of the H264 files, turns out that older bluray players can't recognize the H264 codec, they became available and should work if your bluray is relatively new. the older blurays only read the mpeg2 bluray option that encore provides. as with everything else, we learn as we go! I must have burnt about a dozen discs for that one project before I was able to correct all the issues. Thanks for the feedback!

Return to posts index

Elan Baron
on Apr 20, 2013 at 4:40:31 pm

Hi Richard,

Can you please post a solution to fix the Encore message one receives (that is, "fatal error", Code: "6", Note: "Video buffer underflows. Total bitrate is too high near time"

Return to posts index

Richard Acosta
on May 15, 2013 at 3:44:17 pm

Hi Elan,
Apologies for the late reply but for this issue, check this link for the resolution to my issue.
http://forums.creativecow.net/readpost/145/871543

Return to posts index

Alex Martinez
on Sep 22, 2013 at 2:09:15 pm

Sorry to bother but the link is dead, can you please post the solution for this issue again?

Thank you.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]