FORUMS: list search recent posts

curious issue with a dvd

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Peter Groom
curious issue with a dvd
on Sep 4, 2012 at 9:03:59 pm

I have built a dvd menu with a 1st screen menu with 2 buttons on it. 1 is to play the whole video, and 1 is to move to a 2nd menu chapter selection which has 6 chapeter buttons on it

The chapter selection menu buttons x 6 animate correcly when you look at that 2nd menu, but the thumbnalis dont appear in the 1st chapeter menu at all?

Any idea where im going wrong.
Peter

Post Production Dubbing Mixer

Return to posts index

Stan Jones
Re: curious issue with a dvd
on Sep 4, 2012 at 10:58:00 pm

I'm confused. Did you put thumbnail buttons in the first menu? Normally, thumbnails are just in the chapter menu.

Stan Jones

Return to posts index

Peter Groom
on Sep 5, 2012 at 6:47:57 am

HI Stan

Sorry if i use the wrong terminology here but
i have a video which is the 1st play, which then goes to a screen with 2 buttons on it. 1 plays the main video, 1 takes you through to the chapters page which has 6 buttons on it. These are the chapters for the different sections of the programme.
The chapters all navigate correctly, and the posterframes are correctly set, and they animate when you are looking at the chapters page full screen, but when the chapters page is seen on the 2 button page, it doesnt show the thumbnail images (still) in the 6 buttons.
It always has in the past, thats why i cant understand it.

Peter

Return to posts index

Peter Groom
on Sep 5, 2012 at 7:33:12 am

I have attached / uploaded 2 jpegs showing the screens. Cant understand why pic 1 chapters menu doesnt have the images insidede the boxes as seen in grab 2.

Any help would be much appreciated.
Peter
4625_grab1.jpg.zip

Return to posts index

Stan Jones
on Sep 5, 2012 at 2:17:59 pm

Under the motion tab on menu 1, did you set it to animate buttons? Did you render motion menus? I only saw one of the uploads.

But you seem to be asking not why the thumbnails in menu one don't animate, but why the thumbnail of menu 2 in menu 1 doesn't have the motion it has in menu 2 itself? Answer is Encore just doesn't do that. Does any DVD authoring program?

Encore will animate a thumbnail that is linked to a timeline. This thumbnail (assuming it is a thumbnail button) is linked to a menu, which has no timeline from which to pull the video.

Stan Jones

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]