FORUMS: list search recent posts

BR-R DL Reliability

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Cody Walters
BR-R DL Reliability
on Aug 27, 2012 at 7:35:08 pm

I have a video that runs about 2 hours 50 minutes, and is 37 GB in size. I haven't burned to a dual-layer Bluray before, and wasn't quite sure how reliable the playback is for Blu-ray players. I tried researching a bit on this and didn't find much information.

I'm also wondering if I may be encoding too high of a bit rate. I have my setting in AME to high quality for bit rate. I wasn't sure if a 2hr 50min program at 37GB is normal or not.

Thanks for the help,

Cody Walters
JW Studio LLC
Houston Video Production
Houston Wedding Videographer

Final Cut Studio 3
Adobe CS5 Master Suite
Panasonic HVX-200
Canon 7D

Return to posts index

Daniel Ludwig
Re: BR-R DL Reliability
on Aug 28, 2012 at 10:53:21 am

Cody,
if you are using good BD-R DL there should be no problem with playback. I´m using verbatim, never had any problems.

cheers

danny

Return to posts index

Jon Geddes
on Aug 29, 2012 at 6:24:31 pm

You can fit 2h 50 minutes of 1080p video on a single layer disc at 17 mbps VBR. Using H.264 compression, this should still look good... especially if you are using the new x264 Pro encoding plugin that produces fantastic studio quality results even at the lower bitrates. It uses x264 at it's core, so the quality is MUCH better than the default MainConcept encoder that is built into the Adobe Media Encoder.

Good luck.

Jon Geddes
http://www.precomposed.com

Return to posts index

Cody Walters
on Sep 10, 2012 at 2:01:38 pm

Hi Jon,

Thanks for the X.264 recommendation, but it looks like its only available for PC and I'm on Mac. I'll give your recommendation a try at 17mbps.

Thanks!

Cody Walters
JW Studio LLC
Houston Video Production
Houston Wedding Videographer

Final Cut Studio 3
Adobe CS5 Master Suite
Panasonic HVX-200
Canon 7D

Return to posts index

Jon Geddes
on Sep 10, 2012 at 4:47:42 pm

Yes, x264 Pro is currently only available for Windows. You should still be able to get acceptable results with the MainConcept encoder at 17 mbps. When you start to go below 16 mbps for standard mixed content, that is when you really start noticing compression artifacts.

Jon Geddes
http://www.precomposed.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]