FORUMS: list search recent posts

No buttons in Encore and/or video file on menu itself

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Chris Balogh
No buttons in Encore and/or video file on menu itself
on Aug 22, 2012 at 1:36:28 pm

Hello,

I have Encore CS5.1 installed - yet I also installed CS6 version to try to get buttons and menu templates in my library. I was half successful. Menu templates were there, but no buttons. I have read quite a bit about this being a problem and no results.

Maybe, I dont even need buttons. I am trying to place a video file that is the size of a thumbnail button that will be a looping animation sitting on the dvd menu - but every time I throw the file on the menu, it turns itself into a button of sorts (saying text).

All in all, I am just trying to place a small video file to live-run on a dvd menu - any help?

Thanks in advance

Return to posts index

Stan Jones
Re: No buttons in Encore and/or video file on menu itself
on Aug 22, 2012 at 2:37:58 pm

The video has to be part of the motion background. You can use thumbnails, but then they have to be pulled out of the timeline they are linked.

The latest on the buttons for CS6 is here:

http://helpx.adobe.com/encore/using/download-library-content.html

There are other links that relate to downloading the functional content, but they install only templates.

Stan Jones

Return to posts index

Chris Balogh
on Aug 22, 2012 at 3:09:16 pm

I still don't see any buttons from that download.

Could you elaborate more? Like a step by step to throw a video button/thumbnail on the menu?

Return to posts index

Stan Jones
on Aug 22, 2012 at 3:58:41 pm

It is a double extraction (zip and 7z), and you must still put it in the correct directory or repoint Encore. If you follow the directions exactly, you will see them.

Stan Jones

Return to posts index

Chris Balogh
on Aug 22, 2012 at 3:37:35 pm

I actually figured it out - 90% of it.

I linked the menu to photoshop - placed a shape layer within the menu. Sent back to Encore, made that shape layer a button by converting it. Linked back to photoshop, made the shape layer/button into a video thumbnail button - by renaming it (%). Then back to Encore.

It all worked, yet the damn video has an alpha channel but it is not being read within encore, it has a black background instead.

Return to posts index

Stan Jones
on Aug 22, 2012 at 4:02:27 pm

Are you linking the button with the thumbnail to the timeline that has the video section you want to appear in the thumbnail?

Stan Jones

Return to posts index

Chris Balogh
on Aug 22, 2012 at 5:22:19 pm

no. i am just dragging and dropping it in the photoshop made video button. it all works, besides the alpha isn't showing up - getting a black background instead.

Return to posts index

Stan Jones
on Aug 22, 2012 at 8:17:20 pm

Have you tried linking the button to the timeline you want it to link to?

I think you may find that when you dragged the video to the button, EN created a timeline by that name, and linked the button to that timeline. Your video shows in the button thumbnail because EN, having created the timeline, is using the timeline for the thumbnail. Its alpha is black, because EN can't put transparency in the background of a timeline.

Link the button as you intend, and I think you will find that your video is replaced by your target timeline in the thumbnail.

Stan Jones

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]