FORUMS: list search recent posts

Trouble with Blu-ray Slideshow/Gallery navigation - glitch or fix? (Encore CS5)

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Glenn Camhi
Trouble with Blu-ray Slideshow/Gallery navigation - glitch or fix? (Encore CS5)
on Aug 8, 2012 at 8:49:41 am

We're having 2 problems with basic navigation for manual advance slideshows (aka Galleries).

1. During a slideshow, the user must of course have the ability to stop the slideshow before the end and return to the previous sub-menu. We can't find any way to do this.

Commercial Blu-rays use popup menus for slideshow navigation, but Encore CS5 can't do that, can it? It seems you can only add popups to timelines. Any change in CS6? (We're not going to turn the slideshows into movies, they must be manual advance only.)

We set the "Menu Remote" option to "Return to Last Menu," but we gather this setting doesn't do anything on BDs. If that's so, and if you can't add a popup menu to a Slideshow (or even to the end of it via End Action), then how in the world do you make it so a user can stop a slideshow and return to the sub-menu that got them there? It's easy on DVDs.

It's no good having to go to the Top Menu -- then the user has to navigate through 2 more sub-menus again to get back to where they just were on our disc. This can't be rearranged, and shouldn't have to be. I assume we're missing something obvious?

2. In test BD burns, the Next button on the last slide is not doing anything (on multiple BD players).

The End Action for the Gallery is set to a specific button on the prior sub-menu, but nothing happens when you get to the last slide. (Again, it's manual advance, and we must keep it that way.) We discovered that when the remote's Play button is hit during the final slide, that works. But that's very odd, and not good for the user experience.

Is this a glitch/limitation in Encore, or is there a fix?

Thank you for any help!

Return to posts index

Henry Weintraub
Re: Trouble with Blu-ray Slideshow/Gallery navigation - glitch or fix? (Encore CS5)
on Jan 10, 2013 at 5:40:06 pm

I'm having the same issue. Please tell me you found a work-around for this!?

Return to posts index

Henry Weintraub
Re: Trouble with Blu-ray Slideshow/Gallery navigation - glitch or fix? (Encore CS5)
on Jan 10, 2013 at 5:52:49 pm

The menu function during slideshows that is. I can't find a way to exit a slideshow at all?

Return to posts index

Leevun Vanhove
on Dec 21, 2016 at 7:27:45 pm

I'm having the same problem here about exiting the slideshow before it ends. The menu remote action doesn't do a thing on my dvd player. Although, on pc it seems to work fine?

Return to posts index

Leevun Vanhove
on Dec 22, 2016 at 12:46:30 pm

After some troubleshooting I discovered the menu remote button is working when the manual advance button is checked.
In other words, my problem is reduced to this: Is there a manner to exit an automatic slideshow in encore?

Return to posts index

Leevun Vanhove
on Dec 22, 2016 at 1:04:27 pm

The only solution and workaround I can imagine, is to photoshop previous and next button-images on the slides (because apparently I can't add real buttons to a slide) and to make the slideshow manual. That way the menu remote button will work. It isn't that a big problem for me the slideshow won't be automatic...

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]