FORUMS: list search recent posts

Encore CS6 disappearing highlight markers on some menu links on Mac.

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Adam Collins
Encore CS6 disappearing highlight markers on some menu links on Mac.
on Jul 24, 2012 at 9:04:06 pm

I made a wedding menu for a couple and I made one menu in HD for Blu-ray and then had Encore re-transcode the menu in SD for DVD. The Blu-ray worked great, no problems and it looked wonderful. The DVD has ugly looking text (which I can deal with) and certain menu highlight links do not show up when you hover over the button. (which I can’t deal with)

First off, this is a template button with a highlight that Adobe created, so Adobe therefore, I would imagine it would work.

Second, I experienced this problem when I was working with Encore CS5 and I read that you can change the highlight number from 1 to 3 and that would fix it. That worked for CS5, but it had no effect on CS6. In the preview mode the highlight markers all display just fine. Does anyone know what I can do about this problem or have any work arounds?

I am running Mac OS 10.6.8.

Return to posts index

Stan Jones
Re: Encore CS6 disappearing highlight markers on some menu links on Mac.
on Jul 24, 2012 at 9:58:35 pm

Curious: is the DVD 16:9?

There have been issues with Encore not scaling menus well from BD to SD (or the reverse). But not a consistent pattern. I have not tested in CS6.

Stan Jones

Return to posts index

Adam Collins
on Jul 24, 2012 at 10:11:16 pm

Yes, it is 16:9. So would a work around be having to redesign the whole menu again for DVD?

Return to posts index

Stan Jones
on Jul 24, 2012 at 11:15:56 pm

I have not done this enough to make a recommendation, and wonder whether other users and successfully going BD to SD with Encore doing the rescaling.

My guess, particularly since you have problems, is to do as "save as" of the BD version, then use "edit in photoshop" and rescale to the SD size. I'd look particularly at how the highlights line up.

Stan Jones

Return to posts index

Adam Collins
on Jul 28, 2012 at 1:58:44 pm

Well, scaling down the menu did work. I guess downscaling will have to be the way to do it until Adobe decides to try to fix this issue. I am thankful that Blu-ray is not a problem as I see that being the future, but at the same time, the fact that DVD is still so glitchy after all this time is a little bothersome. I appreciate your help.

Return to posts index

Stan Jones
on Jul 28, 2012 at 2:39:50 pm

I have always assumed that Adobe paid a price for not creating their own DVD system and using Sonic. But now that CS6 is 64 bit, and it has been so many years, you wonder. But I still assume that the rendering and Encore based transcoding (i.e all menu stuff) is the old system. And the change to the "correct" pars made calculating highlight positions in non-standard menu sizes (and up- or down-rezzing) an issue.

As long as you use correct menu sizes (and apparently downrez without relying on Encore) it does not appear to be a problem.

Stan Jones

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]