FORUMS: list search recent posts

Exporting DVD and BD, playback problem

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Alex Polajnar
Exporting DVD and BD, playback problem
on Jul 19, 2012 at 5:34:31 am

Hello,

i'm using encore CS5 and FullHD files encoded in h.264,mp4, about an 1h30min long with menus and stuff.

i made similar before and everything worked, now though when i start the first VTS file in the DVD exported folder it plays no video, it only starts media player and moves the playback slider from starting point to the end. other files make still image and play no video.

the BD only plays third part of the movie, though i'm making BD first time, and made it from the same project, only by thanging export settings to BD instead of DVD. also i' havent recorded anything yet, i'm only making folders, though dvd's from previous projects worked just fine and they still do.

please help...

Return to posts index

Daniel Ludwig
Re: Exporting DVD and BD, playback problem
on Jul 20, 2012 at 1:14:46 pm

hey alex,
there are different issues I guess.

first of all it´s not quite clear what source-format you´ve used to create a BD or DVD.

if you are talking about MP4-files they are not similar to BD-complient xxx.h264 oder xxx.264-files and it´s no good idea to use these files within encore.

as with ALL authorings (DVD + BD) the best way to use assets is to encode them according to DVD/BD-spec prior authoring.

meaning: use adobe media encoder to create SD-MPEG2- and AC3-files (using the DVD-preset) and HD-H264- and AC3-files (using the H264-blu-ray-preset).

take care about field-dominance, as media encoder has lower field as preset (for DVD). all NTSC-sources are lower field, but HD-source is progressive or upper field first. PAL could be upper or lower field first depending on your source-codec.

cheers

danny

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]