FORUMS: list search recent posts

Final Encore 'build' extremely slow, or normal?

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jake Huddleston
Final Encore 'build' extremely slow, or normal?
on Jul 16, 2012 at 4:38:31 am

Hi there. I have been creating DVD's for clients using Encore and have noticed that the time it takes to burn/build a standard DVD takes a significant amount of time, and I'm wondering if this is normal. Here is what's been happening: a 60-minute project being burned to a standard DVD takes over 6 hours to burn! At first I thought this was normal, until one day I went to burn a similar disc and 5 minutes later it was complete! I have no idea what I did differently, all my export settings are the same. Could it be a system/memory issue? My system is: Macbook Pro with 8GB RAM (if that matters), with 60-minute timeline dynamically linked from Premiere Pro. The Premiere Pro timeline is set at 1080p, but the DVD is standard definition. Does it take Encore extra time to down-convert hi-res footage to standard definition, rather than if I created the project in a standard definition sequence? Why might my system take different amounts of time to encode the same DVD (6 hours vs. 5 minutes?) Any help regarding this issue would be immensely helpful. Thank you.

Jake Huddleston

Return to posts index

Jessica Muth
Re: Final Encore 'build' extremely slow, or normal?
on Jul 20, 2012 at 11:34:53 am

The 6 hours sounds about right. If you don't make the necessary m2v and ac3 streams, Encore has to encode your Premiere sequence. Encore has to virtually take your sequence and make it's own stream for it to recognize. So to eliminate the time, try making DVD streams, import those into your Encore project, the time should decrease significantly.

Jessica Muth
Production Operations Manager
Video Labs
Rockville, MD
301-217-0000
jmuth@videolabs.net

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]