FORUMS: list search recent posts

Deadline Nightmare: Subpictures changing color spontaneously

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mike Parfit
Deadline Nightmare: Subpictures changing color spontaneously
on Jun 23, 2012 at 8:57:23 pm

Had a DVD finished. Each time I load it, or make one little fine-tune, such as one word's typeface from regular to bold, not even changing a font or using Photoshop, things change, mostly in sub picture colours. Not sub pictures I made -- sub pictures that came right from preset buttons. Sometimes -- often! -- on different menus than the one I changed!

Craziness. White highlight outlines turn pink. Or black. Just out of the blue.

Any help? We've missed one deadline because of this, and have another looming on Monday. Still unable to complete a final without something going wrong!

Thanks,

Mike
http://www.thewhalemovie.com

Return to posts index

Stan Jones
Re: Deadline Nightmare: Subpictures changing color spontaneously
on Jun 23, 2012 at 10:06:51 pm

Are your color sets set to automatic? Or what?

http://help.adobe.com/en_US/encore/cs/using/WS59BED893-683B-492e-847C-25425...

Stan Jones

Return to posts index

Mike Parfit
on Jun 24, 2012 at 7:48:17 am

I tried to use strictly library buttons and the automatic colour set, and finally got everything right, with uniformly white highlight colours. Then I went in and changed two pieces of text from regular to italic on one menu. After that, the colours started changing on other menus.

I thought I had it all nicely set up again with the white highlights. I saved the file, then rendered it out to a disk image. During that render somehow it changed two more menus, one to a situation in which a lot of the highlights were grey, but not all, and another in which highlight buttons were multicoloured.

I managed to get some of them back by flipping back and forth from the menu default colour set and the automatic set, but things just got more and more screwed up. Also during this time the program stopped letting me copy a button, and it also spontaneously joined two buttons into one frame so they just had one link, suddenly.

Either the program is hopelessly buggy or perhaps the program file is corrupt and I need to do a new install.

Does that help at all?

Thanks,

Mike

Return to posts index

Stan Jones
on Jun 24, 2012 at 1:22:36 pm

I don't recall anyone reporting odd shifts of color set/highlights in unchanged menus. Highlight oddities perhaps, but this is to color set related.

My vote is for project corruption/do over rather than reinstall.

Stan Jones

Return to posts index

Alan Tonn
on Oct 14, 2012 at 8:18:55 pm

What version of Encore?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]