FORUMS: list search recent posts

Adobe Encore Very Disappointing A Sub Par Program

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Martin Verona
Adobe Encore Very Disappointing A Sub Par Program
on Jun 23, 2012 at 7:53:36 pm

Having authored a few DVDs, I can say that based on my experience Encore is sub par to DVD Studio Pro. Files seem to get corrupted or disconnected very easily or without cause. Adobe Help is a big waste of time. When working I need quick explanation/solution and references not a long drawn out course on all the menu items in Encore. Seems I have to wade through a small course to find the info I need for a quick correction.

The last thing that really put me off to Encore, was after authoring a 30 chapter DVD I reopened it to finish working on it and all the menu files came up corrupted. These were menus I loaded from the standard HD menu files in Encore, not some menu I created. The logic in Encore seems so obtuse, DVD Studio Pro had some issues but Adobe seems to have 100 times more. No wonder Adobe had it on sale last year. What a disappointment.

"Memories of today, Recorded for tomorrow."

Return to posts index

eric pautsch
Re: Adobe Encore Very Disappointing A Sub Par Program
on Jun 23, 2012 at 8:00:28 pm

Its know as a buggy program

Return to posts index

Martin Verona
on Jun 23, 2012 at 8:26:13 pm

You would think Adobe would work out the bugs ASAP. Apple had its problems and you had to wait for the upgrade but it was never as random as Encore. No wonder the Pro Studios never took Encore on or Premiere Pro for that matter, as THE editing system. To bad Apple went for the $$$$ and abandoned us.

Return to posts index

eric pautsch
on Jun 23, 2012 at 9:17:33 pm

For what it's worth DVDSP will always be around so I wouldn't advise anyone to switch to Encore just because Apples dropped support for FCP

Return to posts index

Martin Verona
on Jun 23, 2012 at 10:04:11 pm

Now if I could only get DVDSP to work on a Win system and not have to pay for a Mac. Rumor has it Apple may dump the Mac Workstations as well.

Return to posts index

Martin Verona
on Jun 23, 2012 at 9:48:28 pm

Now, after Building and burning a DVD, I have to have Task Manager shut Encore down as it freezes up. Go figure. If Adobe wants more of my $$$$ for CS 6 they will have to fix these bugs. I am pay for systems that work. Maybe Adobe could buy Final Cut Studio from Apple.

Return to posts index

Dave Jenkins
on Jun 25, 2012 at 4:33:42 am

What version are you using? I just finished a three video SD DVD with about 40 chapters between the three videos using CS6, went fine. Ive had horrendous problems with a blu-ray in CS4.

Dajen Productions, Santa Barbara, CA
MacPro Two 2.8GHz Quad Core - AJA Kona LHe
FCS 3 OS X 10.6 QT 10

Return to posts index

Martin Verona
on Jun 25, 2012 at 12:01:02 pm

HI Dave,

I am using Encore 5 it was part of my Premiere Pro CS 5.5. I guess it is Encore 5.5 . Like you, my DVDs have 20 plus chapters. The DVD gets burned but the program gets locked up. I click OK on the window that tells you the disk is ready. I have been using DVD-RWs. This didn't happen at first. I was wondering if I moved any cache files to the wrong location or if my creation process causes a problem. I load the standard HD menu templates. I set one up as the Main page just for titles. The other I create a template from an existing Menu in Encore. I create the number of Chapters each page will need and some presets. For example, I needed 6 chapters per page and a total of 6 menus. I created the original then duplicated them in Encore and opened them u0p by double clicking each one. From there I authored each chapter setting the link and Button Return action.

Would any of this cause the program to freeze up?

Return to posts index

Chris Borjis
on Jun 28, 2012 at 5:01:57 pm

Martin,

You should try the demo of CS 6.

It's a 64-bit re-write of Encore.

It works WAY better now than any previous version which are/were useless.

Return to posts index

Martin Verona
on Jun 29, 2012 at 1:09:59 pm

I would except for a wide range of CS6 problems I am reading about. Why spend more $$$$ if there are still bugs.

Return to posts index

Chris Borjis
on Jul 6, 2012 at 12:35:12 am

[Martin Verona] "Why spend more $$$$ if there are still bugs."

truth be told a lot of those "bugs" are users with low cpu power/no gpu accelarator,
to make CS 6 sing the way it was meant to.

On my particular setup, it's been great.

Return to posts index

Martin Verona
on Jul 6, 2012 at 2:40:38 am

Yea Chris, I had my sys configured for CS 5.5. Your average Win sys wouldn't cut it so I researched then had a company configure the Sys for Adobe CS 5.5.

Here's another thing that bothers me. In FCP you can have multiple Projects open and easily copy paste assets from one project to another. A great time saver. In Premiere, I have to open a project copy close the project open the one I am working in and paste the assets like a title or graphic or music, etc, much easier then importing if you can have more then one project open at a time. Sory for my negativity but I no longer am willing to just sit back and accept a product if it doesn't perform as advertised. Adobe does have a great title system and ability to use Photoshop in conjunction with Encore. So there are some pluses.

Return to posts index

Chris Borjis
on Jul 6, 2012 at 4:53:47 pm

there are minor irritations like that.

the time saving alone for being able to drop any video file format
at any framerate without transcoding is why I really dig it.

Return to posts index

Martin Verona
on Jul 6, 2012 at 7:52:10 pm

True Chris. The biggest issue I had with FCP was the Transcoding. That gave Premiere a 65% out of 100% over FCP's 45% out of 100. Too bad FCPX became iMovie on steriods. But Win64 systems are a lot cheaper then Apple.

Now if Adobe improved their Product 101% so that it outperformed FCP in 99% of the areas, then I say BRAVO. Until then I will comment on every short coming or idiotic workaround Premiere has. Adobe wanted us FCP users well Adobe got them.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]