FORUMS: list search recent posts

Adobe Encore CS6 Crashes when Creating New Timeline

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jessica Muth
Adobe Encore CS6 Crashes when Creating New Timeline
on Jun 21, 2012 at 4:25:55 pm

Hi Everyone,

I was messing around with Adobe Encore CS6 Blu-Ray features and I noticed that when you import your video assets and then try to create a timeline from it, Encore crashes. No matter if they are separate streams or just a standard .mov. Does anyone else have this issue? This has been reported on Adobe's forums' not too long ago and that the issue doesn't occur in older versions on Encore:

http://forums.adobe.com/message/4444132

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Jessica Muth
Production Operations Manager
Video Labs
Rockville, MD
301-217-0000
jmuth@videolabs.net

Return to posts index

Stan Jones
Re: Adobe Encore CS6 Crashes when Creating New Timeline
on Jun 22, 2012 at 12:56:12 am

The link you posted was an example of something that appeared to be broken in CS6 and okay in Encore CS5.1. It was not related to a crash upon creating a timeline from an imported asset.

I do not experience the problem. But I'm on a PC, and I assume from your .mov example you are mac?

Can you import as timeline? (I assume not.)

Can you import an MPEG2 Bluray export from Premiere and create a timeline? (I'm looking for anything that works for your install, to rule out a bad install.)

Stan Jones

Return to posts index

Jessica Muth
on Jun 22, 2012 at 11:05:55 am

Haven't tried to just import just as timeline. And yes, I have tried MPEG-2 Blu-Ray streams and it crashes then. It could be a bad install. If you say that you don't have an issue with your version, then it would have to be a bad install.

Jessica Muth
Video Labs
Rockville, MD
301-217-0000
jmuth@videolabs.net

Return to posts index

Stan Jones
on Jun 22, 2012 at 11:18:59 am

Another test is to import as asset an m2v from Encore's library. Then try to make that a timeline.

Stan Jones

Return to posts index

Jessica Muth
on Jun 23, 2012 at 2:20:44 am

Tried m2v and had the same issue. Again, I think it is a bad install. But thank you to both of you for suggestions.

Jessica Muth
Video Labs
Rockville, MD
301-217-0000
jmuth@videolabs.net

Return to posts index

Olivier Grandi
on Aug 6, 2013 at 5:56:36 am

I'm on Mac OS Lion and get the same issues with Encore CS6: crashes every time I import a timeline or try to create a timeline from an asset.

I have another issue with PPro CS6 but concerning specifically exporting to AVCHD 50p: it doesn't work with a compilation video error message.

Before I was working on CS5 and all was great with no problem.

You seem to think you had experienced personally a bad install of your CS6 package: had you fixed today and how ? Your experience is interesting for me of course.

Thank you very much for all eventual explanation you could give me.

See you soon.

Olivier - Paris.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]