FORUMS: list search recent posts

Encore Newbie - I did search before posting

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Fred Miller
Encore Newbie - I did search before posting
on Jun 15, 2012 at 3:30:19 pm

Working on my first BluRay and first project in Encore. Some basic questions that I am having a hard time finding an answer to.

1. If I've encoded my files to MPEG2 using the BluRay setting in Episode (MPEG2 1080i60), why must my media be transcoded again when I go to build my disk image in Encore. Project settings are MPEG-2, 1920 X 1080, 29.97 Upper Field First? I understand that if I modify the clip on the timeline in ENCORE that automatically invokes a new transcode. But this a simple BluRay, no menus or modification on the timeline.

2. Is there any difference in compatibility ratios among BluRay players when it comes to whether you use MPEG2 or H264 Media? Put another way: Is one more compatible than the other?

Thanks in advance for any help.

FCP Studio 2
Dual 3Gg Quad Core
4Gg RAM
KONA 3
OS 10.5.8

Return to posts index

Robert Haynes
Re: Encore Newbie - I did search before posting
on Jun 19, 2012 at 5:34:20 pm

I can't help you with this but it's a question I've had for a while now too and I'm interested in hearing other responses. My compressor encodes work with Encore fine with no additional transcoding needed but Episode encodes always have to be transcoded. Why?

Return to posts index

Fred Miller
on Jun 20, 2012 at 1:56:54 pm

What are the settings that you use in compressor? I thought I had tried all flavors, and always end up transcoding again in Encore.

FCP Studio 2
Dual 3Gg Quad Core Xeon
8Gg RAM
KONA 3
OS 10.6.8

Return to posts index

Robert Haynes
on Jun 20, 2012 at 5:35:17 pm

I can't help you with blu-ray encodes. I have the same problem. I was just referring to overall encodes. Even my Episode DVD encodes have to be transcoded again in Encore. But Compressor does not. I haven't figured it out for Blu-ray yet either.

Return to posts index

Daniel Ludwig
on Jun 25, 2012 at 11:28:03 am

Hi Guys,
if encore will transcode your previously encoded assets depending on 2 things:

1. your asset
2. (and mainly) your project/transcoding-setting

encore will not transcode your assets if they are created according to BD-specs and if your project/transcoding-settings will be the same.

there is only one thing you need to know: MENUS are only accepted as MPEG2(HD) for blu-ray, even if you choose H264 as project-setting.

compressor, adobe media encoder, squeeze and different other encoder creating BD-complient assets, that could easiely be imported into encore.

cheers

danny

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]