FORUMS: list search recent posts

Trouble with getting Blu-ray to work

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Susan Weimer
Trouble with getting Blu-ray to work
on Jun 13, 2012 at 7:04:06 pm

I have been having issues authoring a very very basic Blu-ray disc. I have used Encore a few times to make DVDs with zero problems. I'm trying to do this per clients request.

I have one menu with one button. The buttons link directly to timeline then back to the menu. The menu is default HD Menu Encore has provided.

Here's the problem. I check the project, everything is fine. I burn the Blu-ray. Burn process completes fine. When I go to play the Blu-ray it in Mac Blu-ray Player here is an error and the dvd has failed. When i play in a Blu-ray player connected to a TV it says error and won't play.

If i build as a Blu-ray folder and play it in Mac Blu-ray Player the menu doesn't ever show up and the default timeline plays. No option to return to menu, nothing. The video looks great, but why isn't the menu showing up?

When I preview in Encore, everything works fine. I've read as much as I can and haven't really found any answers. It just seems as soon as it is out of Encore it doesn't work for me.

Can anyone guide me on what is going wrong or perhaps offer advice. If more informatin is needed please let me know what you need.

Thanks, Suzy

I

Return to posts index

Daniel Ludwig
Re: Trouble with getting Blu-ray to work
on Jun 15, 2012 at 10:42:10 am

hi susan,
first of all - mac blu-ray-player wont play menus. there´s only one (tracing-tool) that could display menus - blustreak tracer from rivergate software.

http://rivergatesoftware.com/blustreaktracer

it could extend your programming, but you need to know movie-object-scripting (that´s the language behind your BD, while you are drag-and-drop within encore).

another question would be: how did you burn your BD? from within encore or on a seperate way?!

if you burned it using apple finder you´ll get the wrong media-format. BD-spec is UDF2.5 (universal disk format), so you need to burn it using encore or toast with the HD-extention.

cheers

danny

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]