FORUMS: list search recent posts

Mac Blu-Ray Player won't play back Blu Rays made with Adobe Encore...

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Cara Myers
Mac Blu-Ray Player won't play back Blu Rays made with Adobe Encore...
on Jun 6, 2012 at 4:02:14 pm

Hi All!

Just wanted to see if anyone can provide some illumination...

I recently bought and installed the Pioneer BDR-207DBK Blu Ray Burner in my 2011 Mac Pro on which I am running Lion and Adobe Encore cs6 and have been burning auto play Blu Rays of my work successfully before I knew I was. : )

After burning my first one, I excitedly downloaded Mac Blu-Ray Player (http://www.macblurayplayer.com/), which seems as though it is the only Mac compatible blu ray playing software I have found (COME ON APPLE FOR F**K SAKE WHERE'S THE LOVE!!!!?) and although it will play Blade Runner it gives me an invalid disc error on any blu rays I burn out of Encore cs6. I was in a depression for an entire week feeling out of place in the world thinking my new burner didn't work or I was authoring my blu rays incorrectly until I put the blu rays into a home blu ray player and it played perfectly. (LORD the travails!)

Does anyone know why my blu rays might not be working? The Pioneer BDR-207DBK is supposed to be able to play blu rays that are burned by software like Encore right?? What am I not seeing!!? : )

Cara Myers
vesperafilms.com

Return to posts index

Brent Dunn
Re: Mac Blu-Ray Player won't play back Blu Rays made with Adobe Encore...
on Jun 6, 2012 at 4:14:46 pm

It's nothing to do with Encore. I never use my Mac for playback, only burning, so I can't help you there. Yes it's frustrating for sure.

Apple and others see the BluRay dying out along with DVD's. Just like CD's. Most will be delivered only in a digital format in the future.

Brent Dunn
Owner / Director / Editor
DunnRight Films
DunnRight Video.com
Video Marketing Toolbox.net

Sony EX-1,
Canon 5D Mark II
Canon 7D
Mac Pro Tower, Quad Core,
with Final Cut Studio

HP i7 Quad laptop
Adobe CS-5 Production Suite

Return to posts index

Juan Manuel
on Jun 13, 2012 at 2:34:09 pm

DRM. Blu-Ray Player tries to remove it to play, and it's probably failing to do so. I guess Macs don't support the blu rays drm nor intend to do so. You'll probably be able to play it by installing Windows in Bootcamp

Return to posts index

Nelson Goforth
on Jun 14, 2012 at 4:33:06 am

Macs don't play Blu-ray - I think it has to do with Jobs' feeling that physical media is dead and he wouldn't pay the license fee, but who knows.

If you think he's wrong, try posting a BR question on a forum (outside here) and the first five responses will be that BR is dead. Obviously they are not really correct, but that is a perception.

There IS a way to do it, but it's simpler just to test on a Blu-ray player.

Red Camera Rental & Indy Features, Denver Colorado.
rockymountain4k.com * 303.506.2456

Return to posts index

Juan Salvo
on Jun 14, 2012 at 4:39:51 am

Actually there is now a mac bluray player.

http://www.macblurayplayer.com/

And vlc also now has bluray support. Thought There may be limitations.

Online Editor | Colorist | Post Super | VFX Artist | BD Author

http://JuanSalvo.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]