FORUMS: list search recent posts

Encore CS5 Blu-ray issues Video to Menu black and "No Title Menu" issue

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Josh Hnosko
Encore CS5 Blu-ray issues Video to Menu black and "No Title Menu" issue
on May 31, 2012 at 11:15:07 pm

Hi all,
I have a Blu-ray disc that I am authoring for a client in Encore that will eventually be going to replication. The issue I am having, that I have seen a lot of other having with Encore, is that anytime you go from a video to a menu or a menu to a video you get a second or two of black even if it should be seamless. The opening video animation end frame matches the still image of the main menu but with the black that pops in there, it is pretty jarring. We also are using video's to transition between menu's seamlessly, but with the black it's pretty pointless. I've read that it varies from player to player and that it's a known issue with Encore so I know I can't fix it within Encore. I know BDedit supposedly fixes this but I have read that it works well with playing the iso from a computer, but not from a set top box.

So my questions would be:
1. How does BDedit jive with replication? We will be running it through Blustreak Tracer CMF.

2. How well does this fix work with set top players?

3. Are there tutorials or walk throughs detailing how this process work?

Another issue we are having is that when the disc is burned, and we check it out on our Blu-ray players (we have Panasonic, Sony and PS3 blu-ray players) when we push the "Top Menu" button on the remote it will either say "That function has been disabled" or "No Top Menu Exists." The blu-ray has 7 menu's and while none of them are set to the first play, I did have the "Menu Remote" set to the default "Return to the Last Menu" option since that is how I wanted it to work.

So do I need to force it to my main menu or does a menu have to be the first play to be the "Top Menu" for the menu button to work on a blu-ray player?

I know I'm asking a lot of questions but we need to get this right since this is our first bout with Blu-ray replication. Would all of this be easier to do and a lot more streamlined with DoStudio? I know I'd have to re-make the menu's so that it worked with DoStudios layer naming structure but it has been on the table as a potential software option for Blu-ray for our company.

Return to posts index

Pablo Ruelas
Re: Encore CS5 Blu-ray issues Video to Menu black and "No Title Menu" issue
on Oct 19, 2012 at 5:02:48 pm

same problem, I create a Blu-Ray proyect, and in the preview it works great, bun in the burned disc it skips the title menu and goes directly to the main movie. Tried tons of things and nothing works. same steps in creating a DVD but that works just fine. Is there another authoring software for mac besides Encore

I HATE ADOBE, too bad its the only thing out there (hopefully not for long)

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]