FORUMS: list search recent posts

Encore CS4 encodes HD as SD in Flash?

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Phil Condit
Encore CS4 encodes HD as SD in Flash?
on May 22, 2012 at 12:32:54 am

I am trying to create a high quality 1280 x 720, 16x9 Flash movie file from my widescreen .m2v timeline in Encore CS4. In the resulting Flash folder the source files appear correct, but when I play the Flash movie it is in 4:3 ratio, chopping off the right and left of the frame. What am I doing wrong?

I am on a PC running Windows XP.

Thanks!

Return to posts index

eric pautsch
Re: Encore CS4 encodes HD as SD in Flash?
on May 22, 2012 at 2:09:52 am

DVD is 720x480 so your Flash will be as well. Regardless, its best to do your flash project separately. The DVD to Flash option is not a good workflow and often doesnt work correctly

Return to posts index

Phil Condit
on May 22, 2012 at 5:23:53 pm

Hi Eric,

Thanks for getting back to me. However, I am a little unclear about your response.

You say that DVD is 720x480 so my Flash will be the same. That makes perfect sense, but my DVD displays the image as 16:9 where the Flash displays it as 4:3 with the sides cut off.

When you say it is best to do the flash project separately, do you mean to have Encore compress the original HD footage using Flash output - or should I not be using Encore at all? And if not, What should I use?

Thanks for you help!
-Phil

Return to posts index

eric pautsch
on May 22, 2012 at 6:34:11 pm

Yes....DVD is 720x480 16x9 Anamorphic so the Flash Project you make out of Encore will be the same. Maybe someone else will chime in on why one is 4x3 and one is 16x9? Encore is a very buggy tool and DVD to Flash conversion is not a good workflow. wish I had a better answer

Use Flash to make a Flash project. I think Adobe just included that option to make proofing easy for clients....its not designed to make full fledged Flash Projects.....Thats what Flash is for :)

Return to posts index

Phil Condit
on May 22, 2012 at 7:58:15 pm

Thanks for the advice. I will hop on Lynda.com and review the Flash tutorials.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]