FORUMS: list search recent posts

Text crawl freezes after encoding out of Encore

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Frank Walters
Text crawl freezes after encoding out of Encore
on May 21, 2012 at 5:47:11 pm

I have a vertical crawl text "disclaimer" that was exported to XDCAM from Avid for inclusion on a DVD being authored in Encore.

The clip appears to play just fine when watching on the built in monitor on the XDCAM deck. It seems to be capturing correctly when I try to encode as MPEG2 (via Rapids Stream software). The resulting file seems to play fine in both Windows Media player as well as Quicktime on a Mac.

But when I import the resulting MPG file into Adobe Encore, put it in a timeline and build the project, suddenly it appears that a "hold" has been added to the text crawl, so that it proceeds up to the last paragraph normally (crawling from bottom to top) but then freezes and holds for several seconds before finally continuing the vertical crawl to the end of the movie.

All my other clips from this source XDCAM disk work just fine, including another similar text crawl. I'm at a loss to explain this phenomenon.

Anybody ever had a similar issue? Does this sound like an Encore error? Or could there be some strange digital "glitch" in the source clip that causes the mysterious "hold" (i.e. something causing a bad GOP)? Do I need to scrap my Encore project and start fresh from a new one?

Other thoughts or ideas to try for a fix?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]