FORUMS: list search recent posts

"internal software error ... /BlockPlanner.cpp, line 217"

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
John Frank
"internal software error ... /BlockPlanner.cpp, line 217"
on May 19, 2012 at 11:47:39 pm

Hello all.

Been trying to burn an Encore slideshow to DVD for the last 24 hours. Keep getting this error window: “internal software error… /(then a long string of directories) …/BlockPlanner.cpp, line 217”. Same message when trying to write to a DVD folder instead of a disc.

What does this mean, and how can I fix it?

Flowchart: simple non-motion menu, one button, plays one slideshow (about 5 minutes) with 94 images, then a second slideshow (about 6 minutes) with 96 images, then return to the menu. All are jpg images, random pan and zoom, scale and crop edges, cross dissolves. Music with both slideshows (WAV files, both have been transcoded), slideshows are fit to audio duration. Preview Play works great. Check Project shows no problems.

Tried an earlier, simple Encore slideshow (about 12 images) fit to music duration and it burned okay.

Mac Pro, Snow Leopard, 12 cores, 24 gigs RAM, Adobe Production Premium CS 5.5.

Not much hair left…

Return to posts index

John Frank
Re: "internal software error ... /BlockPlanner.cpp, line 217"
on May 29, 2012 at 5:48:00 pm

Okay, well I found a workaround, so if anyone else has the “line 217” error message when it comes to Encore 5.1 and slideshows, here is a link to an earlier discussion about possible causes. Thread is lengthy but informative:

http://forums.adobe.com/message/1813137#1813137

To summarize my particular fix, there were 2 things I did which may have finally made Encore happy.

First, via Photoshop, I resized all 197 images to a linear resolution of 72ppi and set the width dimensions to 720 pixels (for a standard 4:3 display). Earlier tests on shorter slideshows had no problem with much bigger files (rez was 300), but I’m guessing that 197 big files spread across 2 slideshows were too much for Encore to handle. Secondly, as suggested by the above thread, I originally checked “set length to audio duration” to adjust the overall length, and then unchecked that option and extended the duration of a single image to be about a second longer, so the visuals were “longer” than the accompanying audio file. I finally was successful in burning a video DVD of the slideshows (had to make a couple of pan and zoom changes on 4 images to remove playback glitches).

Not sure which one of these adjustments made the difference. But for what it’s worth, this may work for anyone else that’s encountered the “line 217” error and doesn’t want to use After Effects or Premiere to get it resolved.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]