FORUMS: list search recent posts

Adobe Encore background video won't loop (disc goes to "stop")

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jonas Bendsen
Adobe Encore background video won't loop (disc goes to "stop")
on May 15, 2012 at 6:14:15 pm

Howdy, all.

I have an Encore title menu (there is only one menu on the disc) with a video/audio background (57 seconds), but I can't get it to loop once the disc is burned.

The video loops when I use the Encore preview pane, but when I build a DVD, the disc goes to "stop" once the background video completes (this is true for any player I use).

I have the video set to "forever" for the loop, and I changed the "end action" for the menu from "stop" to the menu itself (though according to Adobe, the video should loop forever even if the end action is set to stop, as long as "forever" is selected for the loop duration).

Any thoughts or help are greatly appreciated!

:::::::::::::::::::::
This is my life, I edit and edit and edit and edit...

Return to posts index

Jonas Bendsen
Re: Adobe Encore background video won't loop (disc goes to "stop")
on May 15, 2012 at 6:17:24 pm

p.s. As an added bit of weirdness, even though the menu is set to first play, when viewing a burned DVD, the disc always begins with one of the project's timelines (not the menu).

In Encore's preview pane, the project opens, as it should, with the menu. No idea why this is the case, as the settings for first play are as they should be.

I've built a million DVD projects, and this is the first time I've experienced either of the above problems.

Return to posts index

Stan Jones
on May 15, 2012 at 8:46:16 pm

Can you post a screenshot of your flowchart?

Stan Jones

Return to posts index

Jonas Bendsen
on May 15, 2012 at 9:56:40 pm

Super simple (thus all the more aggravating):

Return to posts index

Stan Jones
on May 15, 2012 at 10:13:16 pm

You have an override on the first button. Try it without it. Set the menu to stop.

Stan Jones

Return to posts index

Jonas Bendsen
on May 15, 2012 at 10:30:58 pm

Gotcha. Didn't realize that override could affect things. After all these years, I've never really even bothered to research what that override is actually for. For my benefit and others who read this thread (and if you've got the time and inclination), can you let me know what the override does, and how it might affect background video?

Thanks in advance, Stan.

Return to posts index

Stan Jones
on May 15, 2012 at 11:03:32 pm

If the end action of the timeline is return to menu, and the button override is set to something else, then when that button selects it, it will do that other thing.

Overrides were once very important. Now with chapter playlists, less so. And many users recommmend never using them.

Did your project work correctly without the override?

The oddity is that Encore preview works (and why not? the override should not stop the menu from working), but a real disk fails to work the right way.

Stan Jones

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]