FORUMS: list search recent posts

Can't delete asset when it's not in use

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Chris White
Can't delete asset when it's not in use
on Apr 22, 2012 at 12:24:51 pm

Having educated myself about the benefits of importing MPEG-2 files into Encore so it doesn't have to transcode for DVD, I'm having a small problem.

One of my projects had an opening menu animation that was a large QuickTime file. I've since imported an MPEG-2 as a replacement and linked the motion property of the menu tab to the new file.

However, whenever I now try to delete the old .mov file from the asset panel, I get an error telling me that the file can't be deleted because it is still in use by the project. But where?

(I'm using CS5.5 on a Mac, by the way.)

Return to posts index

Chris White
Re: Can't delete asset when it's not in use
on Apr 29, 2012 at 10:09:56 pm

For anyone else who's had this problem, I've now found the solution.

I tried deleting the files from the Transcodes folder but that didn't work.

Even though the .mov file was no longer in use, it wasn't until I went into 'Build disc' and made a DVD folder of the changed project that Encore worked out it was okay to delete the file.

Return to posts index

Michael Stephens
Re: Can't delete asset when it's not in use
on May 8, 2012 at 8:58:02 pm

This is a constant problem with Encore and Premiere for me. I've found that even after closing both applications that there is still a file running in my processes that still has a hold on the files I want to delete. In some cases I'm attempting to make an edit in an audio file and re-save it again but it occasionally won't let me.

The only reliable way I've found to get this to stop is to either close out the application and hope that it releases the file or in some cases I have to reboot the computer so Windows will flush out the application that's still running.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]