FORUMS: list search recent posts

Bluray from Encore CS5.1 won't play in Brazil

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Bobby Miller
Bluray from Encore CS5.1 won't play in Brazil
on Apr 6, 2012 at 2:18:46 am

Hi all,

I use Encore CS5.1 to burn blurays for clients and have never had a problem until recently, where a client said they had to send the blus to Brazil (unbeknownst to me).

Regardless, they say the blurays don't play for them and I have no idea what to do.

I thought perhaps it was a region thing, but it seems, from what I've read, that all blurays out of Encore are region free. And if they aren't, I have no idea how to change the region.

The client never told me they needed a non-region 1 Bluray, so I'm not sure what I can do to help them here.

I'm using Encore to make a disc image, then burning them in Toast with an LG external writer. (Using TDK media.) I spot checked the discs and they played perfectly, again, never had a problem before.

Return to posts index

Daniel Ludwig
Re: Bluray from Encore CS5.1 won't play in Brazil
on Apr 7, 2012 at 9:38:10 am

bobby,
you might say a word about your used frame-rate. what format have been used for that disc?

cheers

danny

Return to posts index

Bobby Miller
on Apr 9, 2012 at 2:43:43 am

Unfortunately, I don't have the original files any more. The clients hard drive was sent back. I was just told that the other blurays played fine in US players, but the Brazil bluray is still having a problem.

Return to posts index

Daniel Ludwig
on Apr 9, 2012 at 7:52:59 am

that make sence.
brasila has PAL standart (but a special one with 60hz), and US-players could not playback PAL-framerates (25/50fps). so you need to convert the content to 1080i60 or (if it was recorded with 25/50fps) to 1080p24.

that´s your best choice.

cheers

danny

Return to posts index

eric pautsch
on Apr 9, 2012 at 9:13:30 pm

If it plays in the US it should play in Brazil. All of South America is NTSC with exception of Argentina I believe. Id say its a player issue. Not all players play burned discs. Regardless you need to know the frame rate.

Return to posts index

Bobby Miller
on Apr 10, 2012 at 6:44:44 am

24fps

Return to posts index

eric pautsch
on Apr 10, 2012 at 7:04:03 am

That should play everywhere. Id ask what the client's player model is.

Return to posts index

Bobby Miller
on Apr 10, 2012 at 2:56:14 pm

Thanks all!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]