Encore CS5.1 - Build Blu-Ray or DVD - Over two hours to build

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jason Gigliotti
Encore CS5.1 - Build Blu-Ray or DVD - Over two hours to build
on Apr 5, 2012 at 10:26:23 pm

Hello,

I use Premiere Pro CS5.5 often.

I recently was asked to create a DVD Slideshow for a friend of a friend.

The slideshow video ended up being 12 minutes long, which included about 50 photos and 5 edited for time tracks of mp3 audio.

I dynamic linked my entire clip sequence to Encore.

I used a HD Menu template, some changes to it in Photoshop, and a HD Sub Menu. I added 1 MP3 Audio file for each menu. Each Audio track is around 4 minutes.

I decided to output to Blu-Ray. I selected a 1280x720 24 High Quality Encoding setting in Encore.

I clicked to build and watched the progress bar slowly move. It doesn't show a time remaining, it just shows "Building Motion Menus". I thought maybe because this was the first time building, it would take some extra time. I waited a half hour before calling it a night and going to sleep, while leaving it running.

When I woke up the Blu-Ray was done. I tested it and it worked perfectly, but I did notice some stuff I wanted to change.

I made the updates in Premiere and did another build. This time I had to run out of the office so I started it at 3:30 PM and ran out. I returned at 5:30 PM and the Premiere Sequence was about 70% encoded.

I have a good setup and have no issues with speed or stability.

What would make Encore take this long?

I have build DVD's in the past, with encore, and remember building them out pretty quickly.

I would like to hear anyone's input.

Thanks.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]