FORUMS: list search recent posts

Why is one of my buttons skipped?

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mike Little
Why is one of my buttons skipped?
on Mar 30, 2012 at 3:11:45 pm

Hi! I built a chapter menu in Encore CS5. It works great if you are clicking on a computer. On a DVD player, one of the buttons gets skipped every time. I have the buttons manually numbered 1 to 14. Number 4 gets skipped (3 skips to 5, but you can't go back to 4). Nothing looks different for this one than all of the other buttons (that I can tell), but it skips it every time. Any idea why? Additionally, even though I have the buttons numbered sequentially, at the bottom of the list, 9 skips to 11, but you can go back up to 10. Also, if you are going up from the bottom, 13 skips to 11.

I'm a total noob and soooo confused. Can you help? Thanks!

Return to posts index

Jeff Pulera
Re: Why is one of my buttons skipped?
on Mar 30, 2012 at 7:24:25 pm

I just went through this last week and burned several coasters working it out. Of course now I am not in front of the Encore computer, so can't tell you the exact steps...when looking at the menu window in Encore, there is an option to turn on the "Button routing" overlays and this will show you the up-down-left-right numbering for each button on the menu. This tells you WHERE the next move is for the selected direction.

Also, I believe under the File menu, in a settings menu you can change the behavior, or logic, of how button routing behaves. Sorry I can't be more specific. I bet if you go to Encore Help menu and enter "Button Routing" it will show you all this. I did end up manually moving a few of my buttons or they never would've worked correctly in the default positions (Adobe template even!).

Jeff Pulera
Safe Harbor Computers

Return to posts index

Mike Little
Re: Why is one of my buttons skipped?
on Apr 3, 2012 at 5:21:18 pm

No, that is actually great advice. Button Routing was the issue. I feel like a major piece of functionality like this should be more prevalent, maybe even a part of a final "forced" checklist. Maybe Adobe will address this in the future. Thanks so much!!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]