FORUMS: list search recent posts

issue with playback on encore

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
dan leow
issue with playback on encore
on Mar 22, 2012 at 8:39:18 pm

Hi there.

Its been a while since i last made a dvd using encore but for some reason its just not working.

Hopefully someone can point me in the right direction.

I am using 1980x1080 ntsc 24 frame footage. 76 min video
using the mpeg2 - dvd format on highest quality setting

When i import to encore it is fine but when i try to play it in the timeline the audio works but the video is frozen. If i fast forward the clip i can see other parts of it but it just wont play??

I then tried a mp4 clip i had done previously and this format worked in encore which i thought was only for bluray quality?

is it possible to export using h.264 for encore to create a dvd? and also if anyone can help me with my first issue that would be much appreciated.

Return to posts index

Chris Tompkins
Re: issue with playback on encore
on Mar 23, 2012 at 8:22:38 pm

Are you trying to create a Bluray(HD) or a DVD(SD)?
You mention both, it's confusing.

Have the project setup for the format you want to create.

Chris Tompkins
Video Atlanta LLC

Return to posts index

dan leow
on Mar 24, 2012 at 8:58:15 pm

i am trying to create a DVD. Having issues importing mpeg2-dvd export files to play smoothly in the timeline of encore. footage is 1920x1080 24p. NTSC.

It plays well by itself but for some reason it does not play and freezes in the timeline but audio is still on. I can scroll through the clip fine and images move but when i play again it will freeze at that point and the volume continues.

Hopefully this clarifies my issue?

Return to posts index

Chris Tompkins
on Mar 25, 2012 at 11:31:04 am

Encore is not really made for playback. It usually does not playback smoothly. It's not anything to worry about. It will not affect your disc burn.

Chris Tompkins
Video Atlanta LLC

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]