FORUMS: list search recent posts

Interlacing Showing Up On TV When in .m2v Format

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
T.l. Parker
Interlacing Showing Up On TV When in .m2v Format
on Mar 3, 2012 at 10:13:22 pm

Hey, I am using Encore to burn a project I have been working on for a while. I'm trying to learn as quickly as I can, so bear with me if my questions sound simple.

I made my movie in Final Cut Pro 7 and then exported it and imported it into Encore. However, something in the exporting caused my 4:3 footage to go widescreen. I didn't like this, so I sent it to Compressor through Final Cut to convert it to a .m2v. I used these settings:

Name: DVD settings for Ransomed
Description: Fits up to 90 minutes of video with Dolby Digital audio at 192 Kbps or 60 minutes with AIFF audio on a DVD-5
File Extension: m2v
Estimated size: 2.79 GB/hour of source
Type: MPEG-2 video elementary stream
Usage:SD DVD
Video Encoder
Format: M2V
Width and Height: Automatic
Pixel aspect ratio: Default
Crop: None
Padding: None
Frame rate: (100% of source)
Frame Controls: Automatically selected: Off
Start timecode from source
Aspect ratio: 4:3
Field dominance: Automatic
Average bit rate: 6.2 (Mbps)
2 Pass VBR enabled
Maximum bit rate: 7.7 (Mbps)
High quality
Best motion estimation
Closed GOP Size: 1/2 second, Structure: IBBP
DVD Studio Pro meta-data enabled

This fixed my ratio change and I imported it into Encore. At that point my footage got what looks to be interlacing lines at the edge of moving objects. I had dealt with this before in Final Cut, but it fixed itself eventually, and didn't show up when I burnt a DVD. When I burnt my fully made DVD with the menu and footage through Encore, though, the interlacing showed up on the TV as well. I have some extra material on the DVD that I didn't convert to .m2v because it already was in the ratio I wanted and that looks fine on the TV. Also, when I play just the .m2v footage on my computer with my VLC player, it looks fine, so I'm thinking it's something in Encore.

I need to get this DVD stuff figured out so I can send my DVDs out ASAP, so any help would be awesome!!!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]