FORUMS: list search recent posts

Duplicating assets in the timeline?

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Dave Tavernier
Duplicating assets in the timeline?
on Feb 22, 2012 at 8:05:58 pm

I am brand-new to Adobe encore, switching over from DVD Studio Pro. I am trying to make a self starting hour-long loop burned to blue Ray. I have one 30 second clip that I would like to duplicate multiple times up to one hour. What I need to know is how do you copy and paste an asset in the timeline?
I've tried everything I can think of but no success. I don't want to have to drag the same asset into the timeline over and over and over until I have an hour loop. Is there a way to duplicate an asset in the timeline? In DVD studio pro, you select the asset and hit command D as many times as you need until your timeline is filled with multiple copies.
Many thanks for your help.

Thanks a million,
Dave

Return to posts index

Daniel Ludwig
Re: Duplicating assets in the timeline?
on Feb 24, 2012 at 5:56:43 am

hi dave,
you can´t handle it this way using encore - but why would you like to do that?

if you are going to repeat the same film over and over - just do the same as what you could do within DVD Studio - set the end-action to link to the start of your timeline again - that´s all.

no copy/past is needed... in both programms.

cheers

danny

Return to posts index

Dave Tavernier
on Feb 24, 2012 at 2:47:09 pm

Daniel,
I always copy and paste the clip because the clip is only 16 seconds in duration. It has to play out over a live broadcast [newscast]. In the encore program I get a black clip every time the loop starts over........ so, on the air that would be a black clip playing out on the screen [in the background] every 16 seconds. So I just make the loop longer than the broadcast so there's no chance of a black clip being seen over the air. I didn't have this problem in DVD Studio Pro–the black clip problem.

As a workaround I imported the :16 clip into Adobe Premiere and duplicated it in the sequence timeline for 30 min. I then opened that sequence in Adobe media encoder and encoded it as a H.264 Blu-ray asset for use in encore. Now I can add the clip to encore and easily loop it up to 4 hours or whatever length I need to avoid the black frame going over the air. This may not be the best way to do it but I only started working out this workflow 2 days ago so I have a lot of experimenting to do. Does anyone know why I get the black clip when the loop in encore starts over?
Thanks,
Dave

Thanks a million,
Dave

Return to posts index

Daniel Ludwig
on Feb 24, 2012 at 6:37:38 pm

hey dave,
now we got to the point.... ;)

well - there are some ugly things with encore and you hit it straight away.

encore could not handle the entire BD-spec and creating an looping video-file will allways get a short black-frame at the end (by encore). this will only happen, if you are using H264-files, as far as I remember it wont happen if you use MPEG2HD for blu-ray.

if you would use this 16sec-film, and repeat it over and over, I would advice to use DVD Logic EasyBD:

http://www.dvd-logic.com/easybd/

please feel free to use the free version of it or use the bigger suits in 20days-demo-modus.

you can also create a seamless playlist with 100 playlist-items.

cheers

danny

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]