FORUMS: list search recent posts

Button Selection on Menus jumping all over on TV

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Tom Kays
Button Selection on Menus jumping all over on TV
on Feb 20, 2012 at 5:02:35 pm

I am having trouble with the way the buttons are selected once the project is burned in Encore and the disc is inserted in a DVD player. My main menu page is working fine, but when I go to the "Scene Selection" menu, that's when it gets weird. The default button is the first scene and indeed when we go to that menu, it is highlighted, but when I push the "down" button on my remote to go to scene 2 or 3 or even 5, it jumps randomly. Sometimes the only way for me to get to a button is to push left or right. Sometimes I can push down and then have to push left or right to get to other buttons (even if those buttons are directly under each other...)

I have each button assigned a number (1-5). Each one is a "Chapter" under type. They are linking to the correct chapter marker on my timeline - my issue is navigating the menu. Please, any ideas? I can see how this would be very frustrating to our clients...

Return to posts index

Rob Neidig
Re: Button Selection on Menus jumping all over on TV
on Feb 21, 2012 at 4:00:43 pm

Tom,

Since nobody else has responded yet, let me see if I can jump in and help from (admittedly foggy) memory. By default, Encore routes your buttons automatically. What you want to do is do your button routing manually. Here's the foggy part because I'm not in front of Encore and it's been A LONG time since I actually used it. I THINK it's just in the button Inspector pane that you do the manual routing. Click on the button you want to work on, then in the Inspector you'll see a box to uncheck that says something like "route buttons automatically". Once that's unchecked, you set where you want UP, DOWN, LEFT and RIGHT to go. You have to do this for each button. If I've got the wrong name for the Inspector, then I apologize, but just look for the "automatically route buttons" box to uncheck and you're good to go.

Hope this helps. Have fun!

Rob

Rob Neidig
R&R Media Productions
Eugene, Oregon

Return to posts index

Tom Kays
Re: Button Selection on Menus jumping all over on TV
on Feb 21, 2012 at 5:37:05 pm

Thank you, Rob! That did it - I knew there must be a way to fix it. Your foggy brain came through!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]