FORUMS: list search recent posts

Having issues with trying to make a Blu-ray DVD from Encore

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jay Stein
Having issues with trying to make a Blu-ray DVD from Encore
on Feb 20, 2012 at 12:48:25 am

I'm new and I hop that I am posting in the right place.

We built an ENCORE file from a QT MASTER (895 gigs) which was originally exported from a FCP MASTER.

In the ENCORE "BUILD" there are white specks and black specks/artifacts, particularly where there is a higher level of bright light. i.e. when a headlight shines on someone's face.

These issues appear in the exact same spots every time. We burned a Blu-ray disc and they appear in the exact same spots as well. So I don;t think the issue is related to the cables or TV (because it is in the ENCORE BUILD as well)

NOTE: 4 weeks ago, we had previously performed the exact same process, using ENCORE, with the same Blu-Ray burner and there were NO issues whatsoever. Since then we have added about 2 minutes of footage (including a 10 second green screened sequence) to the master FCP MASTER, which looks great (no artifacts) then exported to a QT Master, which also looks great (no artifacts), then built it on ENCORE. Now we have this issue with the specks/artifacts.

There may have been a possibility that the earlier Blue-ray buil in encore came from a Pro_res file (90 gigs instead of 895 gigs), but I need to verify this.

Anyone have any answers and/or solutions?

Thanks,

Return to posts index

Chris Tompkins
Re: Having issues with trying to make a Blu-ray DVD from Encore
on Feb 20, 2012 at 6:56:13 pm

What I would try is to create a new master out of the FCP sequence using a different codec., Then drop the file into AME and create your BD compliant files.

Chris Tompkins
Video Atlanta LLC

Return to posts index

Jay Stein
on Feb 20, 2012 at 8:35:59 pm

Hi Chris,

Thank you for your advise. We can certainly do that. But my question is - If the QT Master that we made from the FCP Master is good (no artifacts in the QuickTime), and we used that QT master in Encore, then why would striking another QT master from FCP with a difference codec make any difference? Again, the QT Master that we have is in good shape and that is what we use in Encore to build the Blu-ray.

Please let us know what your thoughts are on this.

Thanks a lot.

Jay

Return to posts index

Chris Tompkins
on Feb 20, 2012 at 8:41:33 pm

I have seen where Premiere has had render issues with ProRes Codec. The one I remember was with Alpha Channel but still, So, I thought it maybe a good idea to try for you.
Again, Use Media Encoder to create the DVD files and not encore.

Chris Tompkins
Video Atlanta LLC

Return to posts index

eric pautsch
on Feb 20, 2012 at 8:58:12 pm

Hard to say exactly but I imagine it's just the encoder hiccups at this paticular spot. Quick flashes and cut for example send many encoders into a tizzy.

Media encoder is a very low end encoding tool to begin with. Have you tried other encoders?

Return to posts index

Daniel Ludwig
on Feb 21, 2012 at 8:25:25 pm

hi,
the other problem that might be the problem is the original codec that all clips have been shot and/or have been edited within FCP.

Jay, what codec have been used for these shots and your editing-sequenz and what project/transcoding-settings did you use for your encore-project?

there is still too much missing information about your workflow/project to get a direction for your specific problem - we are all fishing in the dark.

cheers

danny

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]