From Apple Compressor to encore CS3

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ross Shepherd
From Apple Compressor to encore CS3
on Feb 17, 2012 at 9:27:41 pm

Hi there,

Apologies if this is has been asked already,

I have a feature film which I am now planning to burn to blu-ray with an authored menu. The film has all been edited in fcp 7, shot 1920x1080 PAL.

The only software I have to author the blu-ray available is quite old - Encore CS3 on a pc.

I have made some test disks using the blu-ray disk preset in compressor, these work great when played back on my PS3.

Is it correct for me to add the h.264 file that compressor is making to encore? when I tried this, it shows up in the project as being untranscoded, I must be doing something wrong?

The other option would be to use a 'program stream' setting from compressor and make an m2v file. If I do this, will it be better in encore CS3?

One last question - the film is heavily graded with 'looks', once rendered in fcp, I'm exporting a QuickTime movie but not selecting 'make movie self-contained'. I'm then adding this QuickTime movie to compressor, so basically just a container of all the render files. Is this an ok workflow? The reason I chose to work with the container, is because when I make the movie self contained, the 90gb ProRes file looks a little bit darker than I would like, only very slightly. The container file looks a bit nicer to me. But is it wrong to actually encode from this for any reason?

Many thanks in advance for any help

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]