FORUMS: list search recent posts

Very basic question about Encore for Blu-Ray

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Nayeli Garci-Crespo
Very basic question about Encore for Blu-Ray
on Feb 9, 2012 at 8:44:11 pm

Hi everyone,

I'm supervising post on a low-budget feature film that is submitting a BluRay to a festival. We're in a bit of a bind, because to make the submission deadline we're going to have only 24 hours to make three copies of a Blu-Ray with subtitles (must be able to activate and deactivate them) from the moment the sound designer gives us his bounce.

I had suggested to the post house to encode the video and prepare the simple menu and subtitles beforehand, so that they only had to add the audio last minute and we could give ourselves some room for error. However, with the software they have now they apparently can't do this (they really aren't set up to author Blu-Rays). They say the compression takes 11 hours, and their burner takes 3 hours to make each copy.

I'm trying to find out if we could use Adobe Encore to do this (I'm completely unfamiliar with the program, and know absolutely nothing about authoring Blu-Rays to boot!). Is it at all like DVD Studio Pro, where you can bring in separately compressed video and audio assets and prepare all authoring and then just do the muxing at the end? (I'm sure the technologies are quite different, so this is probably a really dumb question.) Does Encore do both compression and authoring? Can you create a subtitle stream in it?

Before I try to research it more I thought I'd ask and make sure it's even a possibility.

Thanks so much in advance for helping out a total Blu-Ray/Encore newbie!

-Nayeli

Return to posts index

eric pautsch
Re: Very basic question about Encore for Blu-Ray
on Feb 10, 2012 at 3:46:33 am

I hate to be the bearer of bad news but it will have to be late if you're on here asking these kind of questions. Leave it to your post house and plead for the festival owners to accept it one day late. Also, see your other post

Return to posts index

Nayeli Garci-Crespo
on Feb 10, 2012 at 9:05:25 pm

Hi Eric,

Thanks for the response... this is something that is happening next month! I'm trying to prepare beforehand, because we WILL be under that tight deadline then (long story, but it can't be fixed).

-Nayeli

Return to posts index

Daniel Ludwig
on Feb 15, 2012 at 9:07:15 pm

my advice to you:

encode your video prior importing into encore.

if you have some time from that moment when you finished and exported the video and the day of the arrival of the mixed audio, you could be easily prepared for a muxing and ready to burn your disc.

make sure all subtitles woking within encores muxed stream.

I would prepare an h264-file of your final master and use the fastest machine that will be found in the postproduction-house.

use one 1-pass VBR, as 2-pass will take a LOT more time to encode your film.

take care about the max bitrates, shouldn´t be more than 30-35MBit/s. if you use taget-bitrate at 20-25Mbit/s, your film will have a good picture-quality.

cheers

danny

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]