FORUMS: list search recent posts

timelines switch ratio dimensions when building a disc

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jerry Odom
timelines switch ratio dimensions when building a disc
on Jan 25, 2012 at 3:09:33 pm

Just started my first project in Encore and I have to say it is the most rediculous program I've ever dealt with. This is the fourth time I've tried this:

1. Start a completely new "Project" (Blu-ray > NTSC > 1280 x 720 )
2. Drag my menu.psd to the "Menus" panel.
3. Drag my clips (.mov) to the "Timelines" panel (Encore creates timelines for each clip).
4. Set up my flowchart
5. Check the ratios of my timelines (AGAIN!). “Yep — 16:9.”
6. Preview the project (Shift + Space). “Yep — everything looks good.”
7. Build the disc
8. Wait an hour
9. Disc is done
10. Check the disc. “The menu looks good. Oh, wait... what's this? The ratio of my clips are suddenly set to 4:3!”
11. Go back to the project and the timelines now show 4:3 ratio in their properties panels.
12. Punch another hole in the wall.

Any ideas? One possible problem I’ve considered is that the dimensions of my clips are 960 x 540. But my menu.psd is also 960 x 540 and it does not change proportionally on the burned disc. From what I can tell and what I've seen in tutorials and posts, is that there is no way to make custom dimensions and that the best thing to do is use the closest preset dimensions that are at least as big as your video, so I use the 1280 x 720.

Another funny aspect to this is that, if I close the project and reopen it, the ratios of the timelines revert back to 16:9. ...makes sense, right?

I keep using the Blu-ray setup because the DVD options in the New Project dialog doesn't let me change any options.

Please, save my computer before I start stabbing at it with a knife.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]