FORUMS: list search recent posts

Unsolved questions about Adobe Encore CS5.1

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
martin rock
Unsolved questions about Adobe Encore CS5.1
on Jan 21, 2012 at 2:46:49 am

Hello Everyone,

I need your help to understand why a M2t file generated by Premiere Pro CS5.5 and import into Encore CS5.1 is found in a folder BDMV STREAM 000000.m2ts with a bitrate and size lower than the original even though there was no transcoding.

Here are some additional details :

M2t file :
1.92 Go
00:07:34
35885 Kbit/s
1920x1080
H.264
Ac3 448 Kbit/s
48Kz

The file has been imported only in and then a blu-ray iso file has been generated. No menu or additional audio track was added.

For the parameters of the project in Encore, I selected Blu-ray, ntsc, 40 Mb/s, H.264, 1920x1080, 23.976 and Dolby Digital.

In project, I clicked on the M2t file, properties and I selected "don't transcode".

And finally, I generate an image file with 50Gb as a parameter.
Encore estimated the size to 2.17 GB

The time required to duplicate the file (no transcoding) and creates the image file took only 30 seconds.

Size of image after creating the file is only 1.68 GB

After mounting the file to a virtual drive and going into the folder BDMV STREAM

The m2ts video file is different from the original.

Original M2t vs M2ts :

1.92 GB vs 1.68 GB
00:07:34 vs 00:07:33
35885 Kbit/s vs 31702 Kbit/s

This is the crux of the problem.

I also want to draw your attention to the fact that the Mt2 file was created with Premiere Pro CS5.5 with a footage from DSLR.
MOV files from the DSLR have an average bitrate of 25000 Kbit/s.

I compared frame by frame the two videos (.mt2 and .mt2s) with a zoom of 300% and I see no difference!

Thank you for your help and sorry for my English.

Return to posts index

Jeff Pulera
Re: Unsolved questions about Adobe Encore CS5.1
on Jan 21, 2012 at 3:50:38 pm

Hi Martin,

Why are you exporting to that format if making a Blu-ray? Use either the "H.264 for Blu-ray" or "MPEG-2 for Blu-ray" presets to create compatible files that do not need to transcode. Also, the 40mbps setting is the high end, video will look great at much lower rates like 25 for instance, pushing limits of compatibility at 40 setting.

Jeff

Return to posts index

martin rock
on Jan 21, 2012 at 7:41:27 pm

Hi Jeff,

I use the H264 Blu-ray in Premiere Pro that generate a m2t file. In Encore, I import this file and generate just a blu-ray image file. No transcoding was done (The file was created very quickly but after mounting the file to a virtual drive and going into the folder BDMV STREAM the m2ts video file is different from the original m2t file.

Original M2t vs M2ts :

1.92 GB vs 1.68 GB
00:07:34 vs 00:07:33
35885 Kbit/s vs 31702 Kbit/s

Do you have any idea?

Thx.

Return to posts index

Jeff Pulera
on Jan 21, 2012 at 10:51:36 pm

Martin,

if you export using "H.264 for Blu-ray" preset, you will get an .m4v file - where do you come up with .m2t?

Jeff

Return to posts index

martin rock
on Jan 21, 2012 at 11:39:55 pm

Yes indeed but only to export the audio and video separately. I selected TS multiplexing leaving the default setting and in audio I selected Dolby Digital and 448 kbit/s. So I get a .M2t file.
For multiplexing, Premiere Pro generates a temporary .M4v, .Ac3 and .Mdo files and then creates a .M2t file.

I tried using Adobe Dynamic Link in Premiere Pro, and after selecting the same transcoding settings of Premiere Pro into Encore (ie H.264 Blu-ray Full 35 Mb/s, 2 passes, maximum render quality, etc.) the ISO file generated is still exactly the same.

I also tried with a lower quality as 20 Mb/s H.264 Blu-ray in Premiere Pro. The M2ts file in the ISO file generated by Encore is always less than the .M2t file (multiplexing) or .M4v file that I got with Premiere Pro with the same settings. Comparison:

.M4v = 1,00 GB ; 00:07:34 ; 18514 Kbit/s
.M2ts = 922 MB ; 00:07:33 ; 16794 Kbit/s

MR.

Return to posts index

Jeff Pulera
on Jan 22, 2012 at 3:08:31 pm

Martin,

Let's go to the beginning please. I need to ask WHY are you turning on multi-plexing in the Adobe Media Encoder? I guess I am not understanding the intention of your workflow. The normal workflow is to export the .mv4 and .wav files from AME, and Encore then does the Dolby AC3 conversion there (very quickly). My understanding of Encore is that for DVD or Blu-ray encoding, if the source file is muxed, Encore will need to first Demux before creating the output, so you are adding encode time and possible quality loss to the workflow.

Please explain WHAT IS THE PROBLEM that you require assistance with? I think that perhaps some users create problems that aren't there by "doing their own thing" outside of recommended procedures.

Thanks
Jeff

Return to posts index

martin rock
on Jan 22, 2012 at 5:25:59 pm

Thank you Jeff for your concern.

I may have made a mistake with the multi-plexign. I try differently with Premiere Pro. In video, I export the sequence in H264 Blu-ray with full settings; In mutliplexing, I chose "none"; In Audio, I chose PCM (or Dolby Digital?). Then I import the .m4v file and audio in Encore and I select "don't transcode" and then generates the Blu-ray. I will give you results in 20 minutes.

The problem is that I believe that the quality of the Blu-ray (.m2ts) is less than the original rendering quality even though there was no transcoding.

Return to posts index

martin rock
on Jan 22, 2012 at 7:23:23 pm

This time, by importing the .m4v and .wav files in Encore, I got a different .m2ts file again.
Encore has transcoded the wav file. I select "don't transcode" for the .m4v file.

Here's a comparison:
[1] .m2t file created by Premiere Pro vs [2] .m2ts file created by Encore (by importing .m2t file) vs [3] .m2ts file created by Encore (by importing .m4v and .wav files)

..[1]..................[2].................[3]
1.92 GB.........1.68 GB........1.67 GB
00:07:34........00:07:33.......00:07:33
35885 Kbit/s...31702 Kbit/s..31482 Kbit/s

I use the same transcoding settings for all.
The quality is exactly the same but technically the bitrate are different. That's the problem. Why?

Return to posts index

martin rock
on Jan 23, 2012 at 6:21:25 pm

I Have not found the answer ... Why Two video formats that are identical in all respects have a different size and bitrate?!

Return to posts index

Jeff Pulera
on Jan 23, 2012 at 7:42:38 pm

Hi Martin,

Perhaps Encore is demuxing the file you supplied and is storing the audio in another folder on the Blu-ray output?

Jeff

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]