FORUMS: list search recent posts

Trouble with Frame size Please H e l p!

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Romeo Meier
Trouble with Frame size Please H e l p!
on Jan 11, 2012 at 6:36:06 pm

first it is hard for me to explain thats why i made a screen shot Please check Link below first before continue reading

http://www.flickr.com/photos/49583182@N00/6679942833/

i have trouble getting the video picture all the way out to the edge of the frame, there is a slight Letterbox on the left and right how can i get in rid of it and it wouldn't let me change it in any ways. Please i need very specific instructions since i'm not using encore to often

Return to posts index

Ricky Barrow
Re: Trouble with Frame size Please H e l p!
on Jan 11, 2012 at 7:36:56 pm

Try burning the DVD and see if you have that issue on playback. I get that regularly but have never encountered a problem on playback

Ricky

Return to posts index

Jeremy Abbott
on Jan 11, 2012 at 9:17:35 pm

Your issue has to do with converting HD video to NTSC widescreen. In short, it's a mathematical situation.

The simple solution is you need to crop either 28 or 27 pixels from the top and bottom of your source HD video. Try cropping 14/14 or 14/13 and see how you like the results.

Return to posts index

Romeo Meier
on Jan 12, 2012 at 5:36:39 pm

sorry i didn't mention it but first i'm in europe i use Pal and second it is done in 16 x 9 but the picture is squashed toghether. why? i wanna strech it not crop it so that it becomes the original proportions. and also i had it right a month ago and accidently deleted the project and the problem apears since i redone it but i have not changed any settings since it seems that encore makes changes by it self. why?
>and it is imported from premier why can't the size be imported with it?
also how do i crop it in encore cause in premier is everything correct

but thanks for helping me so far!

Return to posts index

Jeremy Abbott
on Jan 12, 2012 at 5:45:11 pm

Hmm ah ok. Well I've only worked with PAL once before, but it was widescreen and as far as I'm aware (I could be wrong) the proportions for widescreen PAL and NTSC work out to be the same. So if you're taking footage that was originally true HD (so say 1080p), which is the same size universally, and compressing it down to SD widescreen, you will still have the same issues of the HD footage not compressing to the same frame size.

What this then means is that the video isn't being squashed in on the left and right sides, it's being scaled to fit the SD widescreen frame. So to make it fit perfectly, you have two options:

1) stretch it a few pixels wide to fit
2) crop it a few pixels top and bottom to fit

Which means that ideally you should crop it so as to avoid distortion, and no one would ever notice the difference of 26-28 pixels anyway. If you would rather stretch it though, I'm not sure how many pixels wider you'd want to make it, you'd have to play around or look elsewhere on the web for tips.

Like I said though, I've only worked with PAL once so this could be entirely wrong. I'd say give it a try though at least and see what you think.

And of course, this cropping is something you would do from premiere when you export the footage in the first place. It's not something you really have control over in Encore.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]