FORUMS: list search recent posts

Hotspots during main feature - HOW??

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Casey Dobie
Hotspots during main feature - HOW??
on Jan 4, 2012 at 7:41:10 pm

Hi

Due to Apples crazy decisions regarding their Pro video apps I am now switching over to The Adobe suite.

However - a feature I have used frequently in the past when authoring DVDs in DVD SP is 'Buttons Over Video' to create hotspots that allow the user to jump away to 'more info' sections, then return to the point where they left the main feature when they finished.

Utilizing subtitle streams, and some scripting/variables this always worked really well.

However I cannot seem to find an equivalent in Encore.

Does anyone know of a way to create Hotspots in the main feature whereby a button pops up for a certain amount of time so when the user clicks they will go to another movie?

When they finish playing the subsection I then want it to automatically return to the point in the main feature where they jumped away.

I've been using this feature on DVDs (not always in DVD SP) since the late 90's - so it must surely possible.

By the way - using really long menus with video backgrounds won't work as the buttons need to disappear and reappear all over the place.

And I can't create multiple linked motion menus either as I can't afford for there to be the delays as it switches.

Thanks ever so.

Casey

Return to posts index

eric pautsch
Re: Hotspots during main feature - HOW??
on Jan 4, 2012 at 8:47:51 pm

Don't know why you're not using DVDSP. Its a much more professional tool than Encore...with more features. BOV and scripting are just a couple examples. I can understand your frustration with FCP but nothing beats DVDSP for authoring work

Return to posts index

Casey Dobie
on Jan 4, 2012 at 10:26:35 pm

Because I don't have faith that Apple will continue to support DVD SP - and with further system updates it will become at best unreliable.

Plus - I'm now doing blu-ray - and Apple being Apple have decided in their wisdom not to support blu-ray authoring!

That's Why!

I agree - DVD SP as it stands now - seems much better - but I was hoping Adobe might have stepped up!

Return to posts index

eric pautsch
on Jan 4, 2012 at 11:18:09 pm

DVDSP doesn't need updates since DVD is a closed format....unlike something like editing where technology always changes. But you really don't have a choice if your title requires scripting or advanced functionality.

On top of that, Encore is an incredibly buggy BD authoring tool as well. Again, limited on functionality as well

Return to posts index

Daniel Ludwig
on Jan 8, 2012 at 7:58:54 am

Hey Casey,
I could only underline what Eric said.

DVD SP is much more reliable and has more advanced feature than encore. at this point you can still use it. maybe apple will come up and show us something new (*ironic-mode on*) awsome, innovative (ironic-mode off*) DVD/BD-application besides FCP X. ha, ha....

if you really need to go the Blu-ray way, you might look at stuff from DVD Logics, if you havenĀ“t got a big budget or rovi (formally known as sonic) or netblender (now sony) if you have.

my 2ct (euro)

danny

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]