FORUMS: list search recent posts

.ac3 encoding - is it Encore or me?

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Russ Holland
.ac3 encoding - is it Encore or me?
on Jan 1, 2012 at 2:05:03 pm

Hi,
This post covers so many different forums, I'm not sure where to post it. Here goes...

Premiere Pro cs5 - project is created with a 5.1 master track, all audio clips mixed nicely and it sounds sweet.
Exported out as a 5.1 channel .wav, as I don't want to pay extra for the SurCode plugin.
I have opened the file in Soundbooth and verified it is a 5.1 wav file.
I got a free program called WAV to AC3 encoder and used that to encode my .ac3 file, and again verified the file settings that it is a 5 channel file.
It opens in both Quicktime and VLC Media player and the mix sounds fine, nothing 'missing'
So, I've brought it into Encore and it plays fine, again nothing 'missing' so I've burned a copy to DVD and tried it in my DVD player.
It plays only through front left and front right, no rear output at all. Although the DVD player has a Dolby Digital decoder, and the audio track info says it is 3/2+LFE it is only playing in stereo - well, not even stereo, because what should be comeing out the rear speakers isn't even downmixing to the front channels, yet the centre channel is being split into the left/right.

I'm confused... what have I done wrong?

Is it Encore?
My DVD player?
the fact that I've not used the SurCode plugin?
Or something else?

Many thanks,
Russ

And if this is in the wrong place, sorry.

Russ

Canon HV30 | Adobe Premiere Pro CS5 | Windows 7

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]