FORUMS: list search recent posts

creating menu dvd as file

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Hagai Mann
creating menu dvd as file
on Dec 21, 2011 at 5:15:58 am

Hi!
I'm looking for a way to create an HD dvd with menu, but I dont want to burn it to a bluray media, I want to have it as a file to store on the computer, like I did before with pal dvd.

the thing is I want to give it to my costumers that ask for HD but dont have a bluray dvd (like most of the people) and want to play it from the computer - my only problem is that I loose my menu that way, the product looses it's value and my costumers dont have the right programs to even open the files. I'm using encore cs5
Thanks

Return to posts index

Daniel Ludwig
Re: creating menu dvd as file
on Dec 26, 2011 at 10:06:42 am

hagai,
there are only two possibilities to watch HD-content on computers:

1.) as file-format (MOV/AVI/MP4/WMV, or whatever)
2.) created as Blu-ray disc with a blu-ray-playback software

the old format HD DVD was killed by blu-ray aprox 3-4 years ago during the HD-format-war.

so the only way to watch a BD or a BD-folder on computer is to buy specific software like arcsoft theater or winsoft player.

as steve jobs didn´t like blu-ray, apple never released a software-BD-player for mac os.

so these are the two options that you have, no more, no less.

if your customer recommending an HD-film on disc - blu-ray is the only way to go, and your customer needs to live with it.

cheers

danny

Return to posts index

Hagai Mann
on Dec 27, 2011 at 6:47:03 am

Hi Danny!
thanks for your comment.

I got it now. I'm still wondering about the best way to deliver my product- for example: I'm doing mostly wedding which mean 1 hour movie devided to 5/6 clips shot in full HD.

my question is :
to export one long sequence as H.264? bluray?
to export separated clips as H.264?

the problem now is that one long sequence can get up to 7/8 giga which mean that in most home computers it wont run smooth (in H.264 you cannot skip inside the sequence between clips), and if it's separated clips it will run smooth but the costumers would not be able to see it is a whole.
thanks again

Return to posts index

Daniel Ludwig
on Dec 31, 2011 at 5:18:22 pm

hagai,
why deviding your sequenz into 5-6 clips? there is no real reason to do so.

just create ONE single film and set individual chapter-markers for the different parts of it, so the customer could decide which part he like to see.

if you have mostly a duration of 60-90min. HD-material, that will fit onto blu ray 25GB if you are using H264 with target-bitrate 20MBit.

if the customer have a dedicated BD-player or a certified BD-playback-software, they will be able to skip through all chapters.

this - indeed is not possible with freeware-players.

my personal thought about this: forget about DVD - go the BD-way, so you´ll be on the path of future. - DVD will probably stay for the next 5 years, than it´ll be gone.

cheers

danny

Return to posts index

Hagai Mann
on Dec 27, 2011 at 6:53:45 am

Hi!
forgot about another option...

I think actually most people or half of the people watch it now from their TV directly. since I'm using the good old CRT-tv I'm not sure about it, what formats are most common and what about long sequences?
thank you

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]