FORUMS: list search recent posts

Untranscoded???

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Casey Petersen
Untranscoded???
on Dec 19, 2011 at 5:49:02 pm

Hi, I'm a newbie to Encore...been using DVD Studio Pro for several thousand projects and am switching because of Apple's display of loyalty to Final Cut Pro users :)

Why is it that when I bring a clip into Adobe Media Encoder, and encode to H.264 Blu-ray, that when I bring it into Encore (using H.264 Blu-ray, same dimensions as my video), it says "untranscoded" in the project window. That's not right is it? I spent the time in Adobe Media Encoder so I wouldn't have to transcode in Encore.

Help!

Thanks!
Casey

Return to posts index

Jeff Pulera
Re: Untranscoded???
on Dec 20, 2011 at 2:22:11 pm

Hi Casey,

Try opening the window up farther to the right and expanding the other columns, and you you very well find that it also says "Do not Transcode". Encore will say "Untranscoded" even for compliant files simply because Encore has NOT done any transcoding to those files itself. Doesn't mean YOU didn't already transcode them in another application.

Typically, when you do the DVD or Blu-ray "Build" step, the Video will be skipped over and then you will see the progress for Audio transcoding taking a few minutes. If you see the Video taking a while, then it IS trancoding the video and you would need to figure out why.

Thanks

Jeff Pulera
Safe Harbor Computers

Return to posts index

Casey Petersen
Re: Untranscoded???
on Dec 20, 2011 at 3:14:04 pm

Thanks!!!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]