FORUMS: list search recent posts

Transcode Problems/Horizontal Bars (TIME SENSITIVE!!!)

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Brett Pierce
Transcode Problems/Horizontal Bars (TIME SENSITIVE!!!)
on Dec 13, 2011 at 5:54:27 am

Hey guys,

I am graduating from film school and have my portfolio coming up on Thursday. I have everything done and ready including designs but I could never submit a Master DVD because of transcoding issues I was having. All my videos were exported from Final Cut Pro 7 as Pro Res 422 (LT) and look fine until I bring them into Encore where two of them have those interlaced horizontal lines showing during transitions and especially on shots where I used the earthquake effect in Final Cut Pro. I had my transcode setting set to Progressive High Quality and tried again with Automatic but the lines were still there. I really need help on getting this resolved as my portfolio show is Thursday and I need to manually burn 25 DVDs on Wednesday.

Does anybody have any ideas on what might be causing this and what I can do to fix it asap?? Any help would be much, much appreciated!!!!!!!

Return to posts index

Daniel Ludwig
Re: Transcode Problems/Horizontal Bars (TIME SENSITIVE!!!)
on Dec 15, 2011 at 9:54:09 pm

hi,
sorry for delay - but pro res LT is a real bad source for transcoding video-material to MPEG2.

I´ve seen this issue a few times - you need to online your LT-clips with pro res or pro res HQ, so you´ll get better encoding-results.

if you watched your final DVD on a computer it will not show nice pictures from interlaced material as well - you need to look your DVD on a tube-monitor.

cheers

danny

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]